Dawn Theme + Removing Blogs From Search Results?

kerrycwills
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm hoping for some help with removing or hiding blog posts within the search results within my shop - or how to at least put the products before the blog posts. I removed the tags on the blogs hoping it would help, not realizing the title of the blog still has the keyword being searched. I wouldn't mind so much if the results showed all the products first but I would prefer to not have the blogs show at all. I'm not fantastic with code and don't want to mess anything up, and some of the searches I've looked into have just confused me even more. Any help would be appreciated. I have the newly updated Dawn Theme. Thanks in advance. 

Replies 4 (4)

AnnaBe
Pathfinder
117 21 37

Hi, i had the same problem and solved it with the free App Search and Discovery. Hope this helps

kerrycwills
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for the suggestion @AnnaBe - is it just the Shopify app you used? There seem to be a bunch. I'm looking into it but not seeing a clear cut way to eliminate the blog posts. 

AnnaBe
Pathfinder
117 21 37

Hi, yes it is just this Shopify App i am using. Go to Search and Discovery - Settings and uncheck Pages and Blog Posts. For me it was super easy and it is working fine. Best regards

search & Discovery.PNG

Josr
Tourist
8 0 7

Worked for me, thanks now my search has only products like I wanted. 

Question, do you have a separate search bar for your blogs/pages or did you leave it them as unsearchable.