Dawn Theme - Removing text transparency from Image Banner Section

Maro33
Pathfinder
114 0 43

Hello!

As in the topic: Image Banner Section has a Heading Block and Text Block. It appears that Text Block has some transparency adjusted to the text that makes it less visible. Is there any chance to remove this transparency? And is there any chance to edit the color of Heading Block and Text Block?

Thanks in advance!

Replies 13 (13)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@Maro33 

yes please check theme setting may be allow or

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Maro33
Pathfinder
114 0 43

Thank you for your answer.

Settings in the Image Banner section are allowing only to edit the placement of the text. I can edit the color of this too: Theme settings >>> Colors >>> Secondary Colors >>> Text, but this option is changing the color in many elements across the theme (and not the opacity) so it's useless for me.

I need the option to edit code and manage color and opacity in this text window:

text.JPG

Now, even the color section is the same for Heading, Text, and Buttons the Text and Buttons have uneditable transparency and are less visible:

text 2.JPG

Any chance to do that?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@Maro33 

yes please share store url!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Maro33
Pathfinder
114 0 43

There is no point to share the store URL.

This is a problem with the default setting in Dawn 2.0 theme. If someone could help all he/she needs to do is just open this theme.

I hope someone can help me.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Maro33 

Please share your store URL. 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1423

hello @Maro33 

Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password So I will check and provide a solution here.

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
246 24 93

Hey @Maro33,

You can modify the color using the background option. And you can change the transparency using the "Image overlay opacity" option.

SagarikaDas_0-1634618024536.png

► If the answer solve your issue please ✔ Accept it and hit like

► Need help with theme customization, speed optimization, fixing bugs?

► Let's connect: Mail me Or Skype me: live:.cid.2667d78144ce77ad
Maro33
Pathfinder
114 0 43

Thank you for the answer.

These options are changing the background, not the text.

valcrisp
Visitor
1 0 2

Disclaimer; I am not a developer, just a seasoned Shopify client with the same issue! It gives me great joy to have found the solution:

1. Go into your theme to Edit Code > Assets > Base.css

2. Find the code I've screen-shotted. Match the line numbers.

3. Where it says "color: rgba(var(--color-foreground), 0.7)" Change the value from 0.7 to 1 (as I have in the screen shot).

4. Celebrate! 

change this value to change header subtitle opacity in Dawn themechange this value to change header subtitle opacity in Dawn theme

Rich_Woodward
Shopify Partner
10 0 5

Had a similar problem with Dawn - thanks to @valcrisp I found out how to remove alpha settings on body text, as below - set color-foreground to 1 from 0.7.

body,
.color-background-1,
.color-background-2,
.color-inverse,
.color-accent-1,
.color-accent-2 {
  color: rgba(var(--color-foreground), 1);
  background-color: rgb(var(--color-background));
}

It's odd that the Dawn theme developers haven't given users more options over text colours -  not sure of the logic behind hard coding alpha settings of text -  a bit daft imo.

kallins
Visitor
1 0 0

Where did you find the body code?

becnels
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you @Valcrisp and @Rich_Woodward for this helpful advice!  I am having the same problem with Dawn right now.  I was able to correct this issue for the subtitle and the body text, but I cannot find the correlating line for buttons.

TimescapeShop
Tourist
7 0 1

I'm having the same issue @becnels and @valcrisp but I'm not quite sure where the code is for the body font and not the subtitle font because I want to make the body font opaque. Mind helping me with that?