Solved

Dawn Theme - Where can I edit the footer link?

mjk68
Tourist
10 0 1

I would like to add a link a link to my own website at the bottom of the footer. Where can I make this edit?

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @mjk68.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking to add a link to your website at the bottom of the footer. One way of doing this is by adding your website as a menu item through the Navigation and it can be a part of your footer menu. However, if you're looking to add this to a separate row under the footer, then this is something that our Theme Support can help you with. If your store is subscribed to a plan, then you're eligible to use the complimentary design time included with your subscription on customizing your theme. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Have you tried adding the link to your website through the Navigation? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Bossismail1
Excursionist
51 1 5

Pleasure to meet you 

Sure that can be done in your website setting

mjk68
Tourist
10 0 1

Ok, how can I change this? Below is a screen shot of when I inspect element.

mjk68_0-1637791614582.png

Bossismail1
Excursionist
51 1 5

To edit the footer section on your Shopify store, you need to follow these steps: On the Shopify admin, go to Themes and then click on Customize theme. Choose Custom block section and then scroll down to Footer position where you will see all the footer links are set

Inbox in the chat box

Bossismail1
Excursionist
51 1 5

1. Locate where you want to insert the link and press Enter on your keyboard to insert a blank line.

2. Type the code for a new link or copy an existing line and change the page name and URL.

3. Click Save.

Inbox for details

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @mjk68.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking to add a link to your website at the bottom of the footer. One way of doing this is by adding your website as a menu item through the Navigation and it can be a part of your footer menu. However, if you're looking to add this to a separate row under the footer, then this is something that our Theme Support can help you with. If your store is subscribed to a plan, then you're eligible to use the complimentary design time included with your subscription on customizing your theme. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Have you tried adding the link to your website through the Navigation? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog