What is the solution to customizing product information in the Dawn theme on Shopify?

Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Im currently trying to customize the Dawn theme and I’m having difficulty editing the section pictured below. I read previous answers and I went through the step of “Products— default products” “collapsing tab.” The issue I am having is, all 31 of my products is assigned to “default products.” All of my products are different as it relates to usage category, sizes, and materials. So with all 31 products being under “default products” each product now has the same information which is not accurate. 
Please advise

E94C8600-C80D-43E4-8866-027AC46C3E0D.jpeg

Replies 3 (3)

DavidEKim
Shopify Partner
392 131 184

Hi,

To change the product information for each item, you have to create metafields for the information. For example, you have to make metafield for material, dimensions, and care instructions. After making the metafields, you will need to assign the tabs to those metafields from Online Store > Customize > Product (From top center menu) > default product. 

Hope it helps.

If you still need help, please let me know. 

Thanks.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to customize your store, please feel free to contact me.
PeopleVillage - Shopify Partner

Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
7393 1421 1414

You can create template for each product or adding those information in each product description. 

- Helpful? Like or Accept solution, - Coffee Tips or Paypal Tips
- Ryviu - Product Reviews app, collect product reviews, import reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopee and Walmart and CSV.
- Lookfy app: Create Image Lookbook, Photo Gallery with product hotspots
- Enjoy 1 month of Shopify for $1. Sign up now

Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

I also tried this route. I created templates for 2 under default products and it didn’t work. For example, I created a template for my body butters, I enter and save the information for that. When I move on to my other template for cuticle oils, the details for body butters is listed. When I update the info for my cuticle oils and save it, the cuticle oil info is now listed under the body butters