Solved

Can I change button text color in Debeautify theme on Shopify?

astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

Hi,

I need coding needed for my debeautify theme on shopify. I basically just need to change the color of the text for specific buttons on my website that shopify does not allow me to edit on the theme. 

I called Debeautify 3 times and didn't receive any call back from them. I'd appreciate any assistance ASAP because I have been waiting for Debeautify to get this done with for me for the past 3 days, and they didnt help. 

URL is www.astrofinitylights.com

Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solutions (3)
AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

You can follow the instruction below:

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/theme.scss->paste below code at the bottom of the file:

.form-vertical input::placeholder { /* Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari 10.1+ */
  color: #000 !important;
}

.form-vertical input:-ms-input-placeholder { /* Internet Explorer 10-11 */
}

.form-vertical input::-ms-input-placeholder { /* Microsoft Edge */
}

#shopify-section-footer form input {
}

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any further questions.

banned

View solution in original post

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

You try add below code in theme.scss file:

#mainContent input,
#localization-menu--header select {
    color: #000;
}

there are some parts that I see are already customized

Hope it can help you

banned

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

I checked currently in your theme.scss file there is this css. Did you check to add that css? If not, you can delete it

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 9.45.53 PM.png

Hope it can help you

banned

Replies 14 (14)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

Which parts do you want to edit? And how to edit? Can you take a clear picture so we can help you

Thanks you

banned
astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

Hi, 

So as you can see, there are buttons and textboxes with a white background but I want the text to be black so customers can see it. For example, on the first file i attached, it is for inserting an email for my newsletter. The text says "Your email" and you cannot see it. This is on my home page of my website if you scroll down. 

I have that same issue multiple times across my website, but any help you could is appreciated. 

astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

It wont let me send a picture for whatever reason? Go on my website and scroll down on the home page to Subscribe to our newsletter

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

You can follow the instruction below:

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/theme.scss->paste below code at the bottom of the file:

.form-vertical input::placeholder { /* Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari 10.1+ */
}

.form-vertical input:-ms-input-placeholder { /* Internet Explorer 10-11 */
}

.form-vertical input::-ms-input-placeholder { /* Microsoft Edge */
}

#shopify-section-footer form input {
}

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any further questions.

banned
astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

Thank you SO much. I have the same problem 5-6 more times across my site, i will continue to mark your answers as solutions if you could help me with the coding. I would really appreciate it. 

astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

If you go on my website and hover over the GLOBE icon in the top right corner, there is the same exact issue.  I would also like black text. Could you help out?

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

If yes, can you bookmark them all so that I can edit them once, and I can optimize the code that I add for you as well. If you edit it each time, the code will be long

Thanks you

banned
astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

Of course..

2) "Astrofinity lights" page. I want the "5.0 (6 reviews)" to be white in color. 

3) "Astrofinity lights" page. I want the "quantity" number text to be in black. 

5) Track your order page. I want the text in BOTH buttons to be black. 

6) Contact us page. I want the text in ALL buttons to be black. 

7) Checkout page (where you add my product to the cart, and proceed): The title text needs to be black in color. 

8) The text needs to be black for the price (highlight it and you will see the prices. CTRL + A

9) I want ALL of the 3 bottom buttons removed at checkout. The one asking for the customer "preferred delivery date" and all the way down. I do not want customers seeing those boxes. 

10) Again, the product title I want black. 

11) Hover over the "globe" icon at the top of the screen. The currency button. I want the "USD" and all of the currencies in the dropdown menu to be black in color. 

astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

So sorry that's a lot! I didnt know who to reach out to and i was stressing. 

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

You try add below code in theme.scss file:

#mainContent input,
#localization-menu--header select {
    color: #000;
}

there are some parts that I see are already customized

Hope it can help you

banned
astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

thank you! when you scroll to the bottom of any page, do you see how theres a white box? theres supposed to be a black arrow there. it used to be black but not sure what happened. do you have any idea what to do. 

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

I checked currently in your theme.scss file there is this css. Did you check to add that css? If not, you can delete it

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 9.45.53 PM.png

Hope it can help you

banned
astrofinityligh
Excursionist
53 2 2

Yes that worked. Other than that, there isnt any more issues other than a major one. my checkout doesnt work.... it used to work and i feel it may be from coding. Is there any way you'd be able to check if you see anything interfering with it in coding, i may have added a code that doesnt belong there or thats affecting it.

If you cant figure it out I completely understand, im just waiting for a response from the theme  developer but it may be from a code i did. thx

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 952

Hi @astrofinityligh ,

Are you talking about cart page? Because checkout page can only be handled by using shopify plus.

banned