Debut - adding background to Rich Text section

Solved
CynergieStyle
11 0 0

Hello Members,

Researching this board I discovered a hint to solving my problem.   I have been able to add a background color to this section with this code added to end of CSS file.  However, this leaves me with white gaps on either side of the text block.  I have not been able to figure out how to make the background color extend across the full width.  Help??  Thanks!

.page-width.rich-text {
background: #eeeeee;

}

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
9200 1563 1928

This is an accepted solution.

@CynergieStyle ,

Please add below css

#shopify-section-1575953234009 .page-width.rich-text {
    max-width: 100%;
}
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Want to Speed up your Shopify Website Guranteed result Whats app
| Hire us
| Expert Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development & Modifications any Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
For Quick Chat | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87

View solution in original post

Replies 17 (17)
Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1405 114 231

Please Share a store url to better assist

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
9200 1563 1928

Hello 

Add this css at bottom of
Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

.page-width.rich-text {
    background: #eeeeee!important;
}
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Want to Speed up your Shopify Website Guranteed result Whats app
| Hire us
| Expert Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development & Modifications any Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
For Quick Chat | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87
CynergieStyle
11 0 0

Thank you but that didn't change anything?

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
9200 1563 1928

@CynergieStyle ,

Please share your site url so that I will give you exact solution

| Hire us
CynergieStyle
11 0 0
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
9200 1563 1928

This is an accepted solution.

@CynergieStyle ,

Please add below css

#shopify-section-1575953234009 .page-width.rich-text {
    max-width: 100%;
}
| Hire us

View solution in original post

CynergieStyle
11 0 0

Fabulous!  That's it!  Thank you!

MeaganG
1 0 0

Hello, I am having the same issue (in the debut theme) but no matter what I can not get it to span the width of the page.

TrishNeedom
Excursionist
20 1 3

@CynergieStyle 

Hi CynergieStyle,

I am having a similar issue...would the same code apply to Brooklyn Theme?