Debut Mobile Theme. Variant images

Solved
jdameli1
7 0 0

In the Debut Mobile Theme i would like to have my variant options all show instead of having the black arrows to scroll through. 

Is there an easy fix for this I have seen other themes that can do it

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1866 184 836

This is an accepted solution.

Yikes, my bad! I forgot the last step.

Step 4

Open Assets / theme.scss.liquid and find and edit this section as shown

edBnPL8

Sorry about the confusion.

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack, Last Upsell post-purchase and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1866 184 836

Do you mean you want to show variants in collections? If yes, it'll mess with your paging. There are ways around that but those are far too elaborate to provide a step-by-step guide here. Would be simpler to change themes in that case.

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack, Last Upsell post-purchase and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
jdameli1
7 0 0
I want them to all show under rather than show the arrows
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1866 184 836

Aaah ha! Gotcha now, so you want the product variant image slider disabled when in mobile view. Okay, that should be rather straight forward. Let's do this!

Step 1

Super important, backup your theme first because changes in the theme.js file cannot be reverted in case something does go sideways (this is programming, unlike what's often thought of it, it isn't really an exact science in practice ;-)

Anyway, go to Online Store > Themes and then click Actions > Duplicate.

Step 2

Now do Actions > Edit code and in the editor that loads, open Assets / theme.js from the left file browser pane. Look for this line (pro tip: clicking inside the code window and pressing CTRL+F on Windows or CMD+F on Mac will popup a find dialog that makes this much easier)

theme.Product = (function()

Step 3

Now below that are many more functions. You want to go to the _initBreakpoints function and comment out following lines of code. A picture is worth a 1000 words:

fht6AZ8

Save and check you're good. Let me know how it pans out.

Best wishes!

kumar_ujjwal
12 0 0

Hello jdameli1

We have an app which will help arrange your variant images automatically

We helped more than 1000 store owners arrange their variant images automatically.

Please check the app - variant image automator in the shopify app store

take care..keep smiling

KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1866 184 836

@kumar_ujjwal And how did that help answer the OP's question?

The question was about the product image slider component - not about managing images. Please keep app ads and announcements to the apps section of the forum and only post here if asked for app suggestions or the app could actually solve a problem otherwise not doable with out-of-the-box functionality.

Let's keep it clean and informative here... enough ads as is in this world ;-)

Best wishes!

jdameli1
7 0 0

I tried and it didn’t get rid of the arrows just got rid of the images completely 

KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1866 184 836

This is an accepted solution.

Yikes, my bad! I forgot the last step.

Step 4

Open Assets / theme.scss.liquid and find and edit this section as shown

edBnPL8

Sorry about the confusion.

View solution in original post

jdameli1
7 0 0

I did get the option to work

jdameli1
7 0 0

I was able to get the images to work, but the variants are not selectable.. it blows the image up but does not change the price