Debut theme edits

JorgePereiraGap
Tourist
11 0 3

Hello friends,

I'm making my store with Shopify and I have two edits that I'd like to do.

1st - When I'm seeing a product page, I have a "Shipping" hyperlink below the price. That hyperlink is redirecting me to the built-in "Shipping Policy" page. I'd like it to redirect me to my own Shipping Policy page that I've created. I'm sure this is easy to change with code. (I added a picture of what I'm speaking of. It says "Envio" as my page is in Portuguese.

2nd - When I looking at my shopping cart, there is a "Eliminate" option under the name of the product. Could this be replaced with an easier cross in a red bubble, next to the product?

Thank you so much for your help.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 16.48.33.png

Replies 10 (10)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hello, @JorgePereiraGap.

Thank you for posting this question!

I understand that you're looking to change the link for the shipping policy on your product page as well as change the remove button to an icon of a cross in a red bubble for the cart page. Since you're using a Shopify-supported theme, these are customizations that our Theme Support team can help you with. Nevertheless, it's important to note that your store needs to be subscribed to a plan in order to be eligible for the complimentary design time included with our subscriptions. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Replacing the link is fairly straight forward and you just need to specify the page for your Shipping policy on the customization request. However, you would need to look for an icon/image of a cross in a red bubble, as our Theme Support won't have these icons readily available. In addition, this way you can choose one that you prefer to use and our Theme Support can help replace the text on the cart page with this icon. 

Do you have a specific icon or image for the cross in mind already?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JorgePereiraGap
Tourist
11 0 3
Hello friends,

Thank you for reaching out. I was not aware that there was complimentary design time. How much time am I entitled to? How long do you suspect this will take?

For the link, I think that, if you explain me, I can do it.
Regarding the cross in a red bubble icon, I haven’t sourced one, but I can do so, after I understand how long it will take and if it’s included in the complimentary time.

We will subscribe to a plan very soon.

Thank you so much.

All the best.
Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hello, @JorgePereiraGap.

Thank you for following up!

You will have 60 minutes of design included with your subscription and the customization requests are handled in the order they are received - so this can take a few business days to be completed. Our Theme Support team will determine how long each customization takes (eg. 5 mins, 10 mins, etc.) and deduct this from the complimentary design time.

In order to speed up the customization request, I'd recommend finding the icon/image that you want to use before reaching out to our Support team. 

So that you can find a suitable plan for your business, did you get a chance to review our monthly plans?

JorgePereiraGap
Tourist
11 0 3
Hello again,

I’ve subscribed to a plan and I have sourced the icon that I wish to use. How can I get an estimate of the amount of time needed to code the two things I asked for?

Thank you so much.

All the best
Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hello, @JorgePereiraGap.

Thank you for following up!

I'm afraid I can't guarantee the time frame for handling customization requests, as these requests are handled by our Theme Support team in the order they are received. However, based on my experiences, they are generally completed within 48-72 hours depending on the task. While changing an icon or replacing a hyperlink shouldn't take too long, there are scenarios where it could take longer - such as more time consuming tasks or requests made before the weekends.   

Did you get a chance to reach out to our Support team and submit your customization request?

JorgePereiraGap
Tourist
11 0 3
Hello Elias,

Thank you for replying. My needs have changed. What I would like to be done is:

- The red delete icon on the shopping cart, to remove each item.
- The first two pictures on the website to be shown next to each other on desktop and on top on each other on mobile

Would this be possible?

How can I reach the support team?

Thank you.

All the best
Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hello, @JorgePereiraGap.

Thanks again for following up!

I think it is possible to replace the remove item text with the icon you've sourced and it should be possible to change the images are displayed between desktop and mobile. While I can't be sure if the latter is supported by our Theme Support, as some changes can exceed the complimentary design time. Nevertheless, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team and having them send a customization request on your behalf. From there, our Theme Support team can let you know if these customizations are supported. To get in touch with our Support team, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log into your account. After that, you'll be prompted to perform a search and a button to "Get support" will appear beneath the relevant resources generated by the search. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

JorgePereiraGap
Tourist
11 0 3
Hello again Elias,

I’ve tried that before but it’s making me go on a loop. Whenever I press the option “Get Support” it just ask me to login, despite me being already logged in.

Is there an email address I can use?

Thank you
Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hello, @JorgePereiraGap.

Since we've switched over to this online portal, we don't have a direct email that I can share. However, you can send us an email through this portal as well. To avoid being looped back to the login page, after logging into your account - you'll be prompted to make a search on the Shopify Help Center. It's important to complete a search before clicking the "Get support" button, so that it doesn't loop you back to the login page.

Please give it another try by simply searching a topic (can be any topic), then press the "Get support" button.

Let me know if that helps!

JorgePereiraGap
Tourist
11 0 3
Hello Elias,

Thank you so much for helping me. I was able to send the email that I needed. Now I’ll just wait for a reply.

All the best