Debut theme on mobile - The main image with text item is cropped

egfgold
3 0 0

Hello

I am using Debut theme on my shopify store. I've been trying to use the Image with Text item but the image is cropped on both mobile and desktop. How do I adjust the image to be responsive?

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1981 234 673

@egfgold – I suspect the image is cropped BECAUSE of the responsive behavior. Can you please provide the link to your store? Ideally also screenshots of the behavior you witness and a description of what should be different exactly.

Hope this helps,
Mario

★ Ja, man kann mich buchen; schreib mir eine Nachricht!
★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte
egfgold
3 0 0

Heyy, thanks for the reply

So, the website, on a large screen (1920x1080) is: 

egfgold_0-1631646892693.png

On smaller screens (4:3 - 1280x1024) it is: 

egfgold_1-1631646931970.png

On even smaller screens like mobile, we can barely see the butterfly and the woman's hand

0 Likes
egfgold
3 0 0

Oh you also asked for the shop's URL

it is: https://belas-garden.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1981 234 673

@egfgold – the hero-section just is not the right tool to use an image like this. IThere are many ways to fix this, but i don't have a quick how-to – that depends too much on what your requirements and desires are for this section. The easiest would be an image with 100% width and a height of auto. More sophisticated would be using different image versions for mobile and desktop. And in an ideal setting, you'd have separate components (background/text/woman) and could compose the appearance for each viewport.

Hope this helps,
Mario

★ Ja, man kann mich buchen; schreib mir eine Nachricht!
★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte
0 Likes