Default Product

Solved
Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

I am trying to customize my new theme and for some reason, all 31 of my products are assigned as "default products." 

(See picture below)

How can I get these products unassigned?

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 11.24.36 AM.png

Accepted Solution (1)
James_FoxEcom
Shopify Partner
75 14 18

This is an accepted solution.

it seems that you are editing an unpublished theme, right? this selection just shows the templates of the published live theme, so if you want to change to your custom template you have to publish the editing theme

Find my answer helpful? Give it a like 🙂
Try Foxify now - #1 Conversion-focused page builder.
Proudly made by FoxEcom.com - Smart & hyperefficient front-end solutions for SMBs. Impact sales, costs, and revenue all at once.

View solution in original post

Replies 14 (14)
horlaitann
Visitor
1 0 0

All the 31 products will be assigned to home page. But when you create a collection page, then it won't. That's just how it is. Are you designing the site by yourself?

Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

Yes I am designing the site by myself

James_FoxEcom
Shopify Partner
75 14 18

You can bulk edit your products template, just check this article: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/theme-structure/templates#bulk-template-chang...

Proudly made by FoxEcom.com - Smart & hyperefficient front-end solutions for SMBs. Impact sales, costs, and revenue all at once.
James_FoxEcom
Shopify Partner
75 14 18

Hi @Tem_Sase_Beauty 

"Default product" is the default product template for your product page, it's required to show your product on the store, you can assign a product to another product template, just to go edit your product, you will see this settings: https://take.ms/d8FSQ

Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

I currently have templates made but when I got to edit my products, I'm not allowed to change the theme template from default product to the templates where I have created.

For example, I have created a body butter template and when I try to add one of my body butters, this is what it is showing me:

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 12.04.15 PM.png

James_FoxEcom
Shopify Partner
75 14 18

This is an accepted solution.

it seems that you are editing an unpublished theme, right? this selection just shows the templates of the published live theme, so if you want to change to your custom template you have to publish the editing theme

Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

Thank you for your help and time. 

James_FoxEcom
Shopify Partner
75 14 18

you are welcome, just give me a like if my reply was helpful 😄

Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

Unfortunately, that didn't work

I think this might the problem. When creating a new template, it is still under default product. I can't change this. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 12.34.14 PM.png

James_FoxEcom
Shopify Partner
75 14 18

it's just a base template, after creating, you can remove all the default sections of this template.

Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 12.37.49 PM.png

James_FoxEcom
Shopify Partner
75 14 18

I don't get what you mean, could you give me more details?

Tem_Sase_Beauty
Tourist
9 0 2

I have created the templates. I just had to refresh my site but your suggestion has helped tremendously 

James_FoxEcom
Shopify Partner
75 14 18

it's great, I was glad to help you