Deleting Some Filter Dropdown Options

AliBeachPL
Tourist
7 0 1

Website is https://pennylanefineart.com/. Filters are shown on all product pages, so here is where I'm starting to try and fix the filters...

https://pennylanepublishing.myshopify.com/collections/new-releases 

We want to delete a few of the "filters" that drop down. So, we want to leave refine by artist, refine by category, refine by orientation, and refine by product type. But I do not want to show "special collection" or "refine by collection" without having to delete those collections. We just don't want them shown under filter options. Doesn't look like there's an option in customize theme, so I'm thinking it has to be done in the code somehow. Is this an easy fix?

I've looked at some old posts concerning this, but the codes mentioned didn't match our sites.

Replies 6 (6)

Abdi_Issak
Shopify Partner
44 7 7

Its possible, may I know what theme you are using? You can filter the results by filter title (e.g. refine by collection)  using Liquid. 

Nashville, Tennessee based Shopify Theme Developer.
My contact information:
Email: aissak717@gmail.com
AliBeachPL
Tourist
7 0 1

@Abdi_Issak It says Roar Theme Fashion Version 1.0.2. I believe that's the theme? I'm taking over working a bit on this for whoever set it up, so I'm still getting my bearings!

Abdi_Issak
Shopify Partner
44 7 7

So unfortunately your theme is not listed on the theme store  for Roar Theme (See below). So could you should find the collection template used by the new-releases collection page. In that template you will find the section that is used to render the collection page. Go to that section file, and search for the id: "filters" and screenshot it.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 1.39.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 1.38.03 PM.png

My contact information:
AliBeachPL
Tourist
7 0 1

Oh, hmm, that stinks! I don't see any mentions of filters in the collections template. I screenshotted that (although it looks like it scrolls super far to the right, so some is cut off). I did find a mention of collection/filters in a collection.filter.liquid in the Snippets (attached two shots of that as well). Ooof maybe this is too complicated for me to fix haha.

collections template.pngcolletion filter snippet1.pngcolletion filter snippet2.png

Abdi_Issak
Shopify Partner
44 7 7

Hi @AliBeachPL what is your store's myshopify address. I will request shopify collaborator access to access your theme code and make the appropriate changes.

My contact information:
AliBeachPL
Tourist
7 0 1