Desktop image size vs mobile image size. Help!

lachouette
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello, I'd like to know how to fix this problem.  Image is uploaded on Shopify, looks great on the desktop version.  However, it is automatically cropped on the mobile version.

Any way around this problem?  Would be very helpful.

Thanks for the help!

Pierre

www.lachouetteparis.com

@lachouetteparis

Replies 4 (4)

samerbeni
10 0 0

5.2MB is indeed hefty, especially if he doesn't serve responsive versions. I'd tell him that if he uses 2x resolution images, he can get away with very high compression settings and still have the result look great. For sites with prominent visuals I've come to use five different sizes, from 5120px width for retina desktops (if possible) down to 1280x for mobile phones.

banned
lachouette
Tourist
5 0 2

Hey, thanks for that.  I'm not very knowledgeable about all this, but my first thought is that image size wouldn't really be a factor in this issue?  My question (I think) is not about the quality of the image, but of the lack of adaptability in Shopify for the two platforms, desktop and mobile.

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1423

hello @lachouette 

Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password So I will check and provide a solution here.

samerbeni
10 0 0

For sites with prominent visuals I've come to use five different sizes, from 5120px width for retina desktops (if possible) down to 1280x for mobile phones. 192.168.100.1  192.168.1.1 

banned