Disable auto-select for variant on Dawn theme

lilyandtwitch
Excursionist
25 3 8

Hello, I have followed many tutorials about disabling the auto-select feature, but they aren't working. I don't have a product-template.liquid file and can't figure out how to do it with the files I do have access to. I want a main photo that shows all the variants that they can choose from then have the variant options come next. Right now it shows the first variant and will only show the main photo if its physically clicked on. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Replies 6 (6)

HiKimiza
Tourist
4 0 3

I have the same problem. Did you solve this?

HiKimiza
Tourist
4 0 3

Did you find the solution to disable auto variant selection on products? Share with us, please! I have the same problem.

lilyandtwitch
Excursionist
25 3 8

I haven't yet. Shopify's made it pretty hard to edit dawn without paying one of their experts to do it for you. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

Hoodys
Visitor
2 0 2

Do anyone knows how to fix it?

the_admiral
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello

I too have been looking at many websites that promise a solution, but they refer to a product-template.liquid file. I am absolutely stuck. 

gr_trading
Shopify Partner
1694 141 176

Hi @the_admiral @lilyandtwitch @Hoodys @HiKimiza 

Request you to refer to the below URL to impliment the same

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/show-featured-product-image-instead-of-selected-varia...

About product-template most theme have this file named main-product.liquid

Let me know if it helps...

For any custom development WhatsApp or connect at Email ID: gr.trading15@gmail.com for quick consultation. | Shopify Free codes
To support Buy Me a Coffee