Downloadable PDF in Menu Navigation

Solved
peter550
Explorer
76 1 36

I would like to have one item in the header navigation menu to be text saying 'Free Botanical guide' and when you click on it opens a PDF in a new tab to let you download it. Or it downloads it directly to your computer. How Would I go about doing this? 

Any help much appreciated

Pete

Site; laz-the-plant-scientist.myshopify.com

pword test

Theme blockshop

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2920 504 723

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @peter550 

This is pretty simple, all you have to do is upload your PDF to your Files which is located in "Settings"->"Files", then take the URL of the upload and paste it in your navigational link. 

Should that help answer your query, we always appreciate liking & marking an as answer to let the community find quality solutions faster. Thanks!

Cheers!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community | Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
| Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

| Satisfied with our solutions? Drop a review on Google

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2920 504 723

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @peter550 

This is pretty simple, all you have to do is upload your PDF to your Files which is located in "Settings"->"Files", then take the URL of the upload and paste it in your navigational link. 

Should that help answer your query, we always appreciate liking & marking an as answer to let the community find quality solutions faster. Thanks!

Cheers!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community | Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
| Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

| Satisfied with our solutions? Drop a review on Google

View solution in original post

peter550
Explorer
76 1 36

hi @JHKCreate rthanks for your answer. This works perfecrtly, however is there a way to make it open the PDF in a new tab? 

FannyMtl
2 0 0

I Have the same question!!!
I Want my PDF opens in a new TAb too!