Enabling the sidebar filter stretches image and adds a white bar on the bottom [Pics]

Briarandreed
2 0 0

When I go to a new collection page while the sidebar filter is disabled, enabling it will stretch my images to a different shape and add a white bar along the bottom (because my images are cropped to a square shape). It works fine if the filter sidebar was already enabled when I went to the collection page, but does not work if the page has the filter un-expanded upon loading. All of my images are shot in 1:1 square shape, so I cannot upload new photos with a bunch of empty space on the top/bottom to fill this white gap. I just need it to stretch and compress correctly. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you!

tempsnip.png

tempsnip2.png

Reply 1 (1)
Briarandreed
2 0 0

This is consistent across multiple browsers, but on a mobile phone (desktop view) it quickly flashes the white strip and then shrinks properly. So it's basically working fine there. This is desktop only. The images stretch and bug out even when attempting to change products per row to 2, and up to 5. I've changed basically every setting built into Shopify that I could find. Changing the image shape for products just makes it worse, it applies that white bar on the bottom regardless of the image shape.