Solved

Favicon has disappeared after being there for 2 years

emmapaterson
Tourist
15 0 1

I have not updated the theme recently, so I'm not sure how to fix it.  I can see the favicon is uploaded in the system so not sure how to fix. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Emma - www.WallArt.Biz

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @emmapaterson,

Nick here from Shopify! 

That does seem very strange for sure! You mentioned you didn't update the theme recently in any way, but did you alter or edit the code at all or did you add any apps to your store? Could you also let me know the name of the theme you're using too, please. 

Currently we can't look further into account/ theme specific issues via the community for privacy and security reasons. Because of this, if you're using a free Shopify developed theme your best bet would be to reach out to our support team here and contact our theme support team to see what might be going on. 

However if you're using a paid third party developed theme, it would be better to contact the developer directly as they wrote the code for the theme and would know it best! They can take a look into this and see what might be happening with the favicon.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 484

Dear @emmapaterson 

Please share the process you have followed.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @emmapaterson,

Nick here from Shopify! 

That does seem very strange for sure! You mentioned you didn't update the theme recently in any way, but did you alter or edit the code at all or did you add any apps to your store? Could you also let me know the name of the theme you're using too, please. 

Currently we can't look further into account/ theme specific issues via the community for privacy and security reasons. Because of this, if you're using a free Shopify developed theme your best bet would be to reach out to our support team here and contact our theme support team to see what might be going on. 

However if you're using a paid third party developed theme, it would be better to contact the developer directly as they wrote the code for the theme and would know it best! They can take a look into this and see what might be happening with the favicon.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

emmapaterson
Tourist
15 0 1

OK, thanks @Nick - I'll give them a shout