Favicon on checkout page

Marwanm
2 0 0

Hello,

we have recently launched our Shopify store and noticed that the favicon on the checkout page uses our old logo and not the new one.

I have read other posts where it is specified that a Plus plan is needed to add a favicon on the checkout page, but my issue here is that there is already a favicon that is being shown and that is the wrong one (old logo).

The old logo is also not in the files on my stores (it was replaced with the new one pre-launch).

Any support to either remove favicon or replace it. with the correct one on the checkout page is appreciated.

Replies 2 (2)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
404 47 72

Hey @Marwanm.

Thanks for reaching out.

In order to change the Favicon that is appearing on the tab of the browser, we will need to navigate to the Theme Editor to ensure that the correct on being used. Once you have successfully loaded into the Theme Editor, you should be able to select on Theme Settings to make changes to the current favicon that is being used. I took a screenshot of my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

19-28-58480-94069

If you can confirm that the correct favicon is being used but it is still displaying the incorrect favicon within the checkout, could you provide your online store URL? As this context will allow us gain a better understanding of the issue that is occurring.

Looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Marwanm
2 0 0

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for helping on this - here is the store url: cleverchamps.com

I also checked under store settings/Files for the old logo to remove it, and it was not there. I am also testing this across different browsers, so far the bug is happening on Safari and not on Google Chrome. 

Thanks

Marwan