Featured Collection from Cart Page

MStark
6 0 0

Hello, 

My featured collections works great when you click on a "category", however, this same "link" doesn't work properly from the cart. When you add a product to cart and then hit "continue shopping" it goes to the featured collections page, which doesn't show any featured collections. 

Thanks for your help!

Replies 6 (6)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

Hi, @MStark!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

From my understanding, when you add a product to your cart and click on continue shopping, you are directed to a blank collections page. There are many variables that can determine which page your customer is redirected to like your theme's settings, or theme code. For instance, many themes will take you to a page with all of your products. Depending on your theme, you may be able to locate the code line by opening the main-cart-items.liquid file under Sections. From there, you can run a ctrl+f search to find the continue shopping button and make the necessary changes. 

Feel free to share your shop URL, along with the name of the theme you are using. This will help narrow down the issue. It would also help if you could send direct links of the affected product pages as well. 

Talk soon! 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MStark
6 0 0

Thanks for your reply. Here is a video that better explains the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/8bd05ed90b254911a601bb7159074a88

MStark
6 0 0

Hi!

Here is the url -- https://fish-riotbaits.myshopify.com/collections/all

Password RUNIT

I'd love help updating the code to redirect to another page that doesn't have blank products

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

Hi again, @MStark!

Thank you so much for the descriptive video and for sharing your store link.

After reviewing how your featured selection is set up, I believe it may be best to simply redirect your customers to either the homepage or catalog page. This can be done with a minor adjustment to your code theme code as well. You can check out our help document here that goes over the steps in more detail. 

While this may vary depending on the theme, here are the general steps: 

MStark
6 0 0
Thanks!

How would I get it to go to: pages/shop?
Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

No worries, @MStark!

I see that you have created a separate page to link your continue shopping button to. That's a great idea! In order to do this, you will need to follow the steps in my last post and replace these two lines of codes: 

Existing:

<a href="{{ routes.all_products_collection_url }}" class="button">

New:

<a href="/pages/shop" class="button">

Let me know if this helps. You can also learn more about the link object feature here if you decide to link any other buttons. 

Cheers!