Solved

Featured products homepage of Dawn theme

santasoleia
Tourist
8 1 4

Hello, any idea how I can select which featured products I'd like on my homepage please? I'm using the Dawn theme. Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1853 253 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @santasoleia,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with the Dawn theme and featuring products on the home page, to get this resolved. To provide some context, the default includes a featured collection that allows products within a collection to be displayed on the home page. 

As you're looking to have specific products displayed here, you have a couple of options to achieve this. You can create a Manual Collection to include the specific products you'd like to be featured and select this within the theme editor (i.e Themes > Customize).

Alternatively, you can select the Add Section > Featured Product option within the theme editor to feature a few products. This option will allow you to individually select the specific products you'd like to be displayed but will look different from the featured collection's display. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1853 253 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @santasoleia,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with the Dawn theme and featuring products on the home page, to get this resolved. To provide some context, the default includes a featured collection that allows products within a collection to be displayed on the home page. 

As you're looking to have specific products displayed here, you have a couple of options to achieve this. You can create a Manual Collection to include the specific products you'd like to be featured and select this within the theme editor (i.e Themes > Customize).

Alternatively, you can select the Add Section > Featured Product option within the theme editor to feature a few products. This option will allow you to individually select the specific products you'd like to be displayed but will look different from the featured collection's display. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

santasoleia
Tourist
8 1 4

Thanks so much for all your help! I was using what I thought was a Featured Product section and it turns out it was a collection. I've created a new collection for the homepage now and it's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks so much for all your help!! : )

hetdedhia
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Blair,

Thanks for your answer to the question posted by Santasoleia.

I need your help on the same. I did the same thing, but I didn't get an option to select any product. Here's what I did:

On the Homepage: Add Section->Featured Product

featured.png

I am getting this template view of the product instead of getting any option to select my products which I have added.