FOOTER PAGES LIKE ABOUT US, CONTACT US ETC

LUCYJAY
Tourist
4 0 1

I'm attempting to use the theme editor, not code, to create an 'About Us' page, but when I do, it affects my other pages as well. It seems that they all use the 'Default Page' template. Is there a way to separately adjust my default pages within the theme editor? Thanks

Replies 5 (5)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1568

@LUCYJAY 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your store URL.
So that I will check and let you know the exact solution here.

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1568

@LUCYJAY 
Try out this link it will work,

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/theme-structure/pages

you can watch tutorials on youtube, To create the Shopify Pages,

LUCYJAY
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey! I want to use the shopify sections (ie text with image overlay) when I select a section it copies to each of the pages in my menu. I want to have different layout/working for each page. So for example Contact us will look different and have diff info than About us. Currently its all duplicated. Thank you for you help!

LUCYJAY
Tourist
4 0 1

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

Hey, @LUCYJAY!

Glad to hear you're setting up the most important page of your website. If you need a guide on how to write an About Us page, you can refer to this blog post.

To have a unique design on your About Us page, you'll need to create a page template in your theme. You can design this new page template without affecting the default template, then you can assign it to a selected page you created in the admin so only that page has the particular design. This only works on Online Store 2.0 themes, such as Dawn, so you can consider using one to achieve this design, if you're not yet using this type of theme. Here's a guide on upgrading to an Online Store 2.0 theme if you need it.

To create a page template, you can go through the following steps:

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Customize beside your live or current Online Store 2.0 theme to open the theme editor.
  3. Click the dropdown menu at the top of the theme editor.
  4. Select the template that you want to edit from the dropdown menu, in this case, Pages.
  5. Click + Create template.
  6. Give your template a unique name.
  7. Select which existing template you want to base your new template on.
  8. Click Create template.
  9. Once you create the page template, you will be able to design it in the theme editor.
    • Before you do, make sure the template is selected on the dropdown menu found at the top of the theme editor.

When your page template is ready, you can then assign it to the About Us page. This can be done with the steps below.

1. Go back to your Shopify admin. If you're on the theme editor, click the Exit arrow on the upper left-hand corner of the page.
  2. Click Online Store > Pages.
  3. Click the About Us page, or the appropriate page you're working on.
  4. On the Online Store section found on the right side of the page, click the dropdown underneath Theme template.
  5. Select the template you just created.
  6. Click Save.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog