Getting our shopify videos to have direct links

BaseCampWA
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hi,

We are looking for a way to get our videos on shopify to have direct links, 
We currently post youtube links from our facebook posts and are wanting to be able to send it directly to our shopify site where the video is also held. 
So our shopify pages have all those youtube videos and we are trying to find out if there is a way to get customers to come to our site to see the youtube videos rather than having to go to youtube. 
See the link used here: https://www.basecampaustralia.com.au/pages/opus-owners-hub

Thanks

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4105 397 836

Hi @BaseCampWA,

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to do. Are you looking to guide people to your website from your YouTube videos or to guide them to the website from somewhere else where the videos are held like Facebook? Or do you mean to have links in the video embeds leading to somewhere else? 

If you are looking to send people to the website from Facebook, the best way could be via Facebook ads. You can focus the ads to target and direct people back to specific pages on your website. You could also have a link to the website where the videos are posted in the Facebook message also. Looking forward to hearing from you to learn more and take a deeper look! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
BaseCampWA
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hi @Nick 

Thanks for the reply, 
So they are our YouTube videos but we want our customers to come to our site so it is more beneficial for SEO purposes.
So is there a link that can be created for videos on our shopify pages to make it come our nicely in facebook posts like the below image. 

Screenshot 2021-09-17 094849.png

This facebook post links straight to youtube and shows the video. We would love if there was a link created through shopify to achieve this.

Thanks

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4105 397 836

Thanks for going into more detail on this for me @BaseCampWA!

Ah, from what you've told me, I think the best way forward for you could be to target Facebook ads to your store and this page you linked above with the videos or another page on your store if you'd like. 

From experience too, can you still remove the YouTube link in the post and then add a link to your store so anyone who see's it can still click the video embed but also have a link for your store? Can you try that and let me know if it works for you and if that is what you're looking for? 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes