Gift wrap option help in Dawn Theme

KellyandZoey
1 0 1

Hey there, hoping someone can help with this please?

I have recently updated my theme from debut to dawn and noticed I'm no longer getting gift wrap sales. I had previously edited my theme using the shopify advice to add two options to the checkout but this seems to have gone now we have migrated. When I tried running through the instructions again, it would seem the cart.liquid section i need to add the last part of the code in, isn't there! I've reached out to shopify help centre and they can't help. If anyone can help with this it would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Zoey

Replies 4 (4)
Elias
Shopify Staff
1423 134 211

Hey, @KellyandZoey.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I'm afraid the guide for adding a gift wrap option is only available for vintage themes (eg. non-sectioned or sectioned) and the instructions do not apply to Online store 2.0 (eg. Dawn theme). At the moment this customization does fall outside the scope of our Theme Support, so you may need to consider hiring a developer to customize your theme. If you need help finding a developer, I'd recommend taking a look at Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts is a directory of certified developers that are experienced in working with custom coding and they'll be able to create a solution for your theme. 

Alternatively, there's a couple of third-party apps that can allow your store to offer gift wrapping options as well - such as Wrapin - Gift Wrap & Options or Gift Wrap Plus. If you need any assistance with these apps, the app developers are always available to assist you. You can reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

I'd love to know if any of these options can help you achieve what you're looking for. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Larinna
Tourist
3 0 1

Were you able to add a gift message anywhere on your theme? I've been looking for that as well.

Elias
Shopify Staff
1423 134 211

Hey, @Larinna.

Thank you for joining the thread!

Just to confirm, are you looking to add a gift wrap option? Or, are you trying to add a message? 

If you're using a vintage theme theme (eg. non-sectioned and sectioned), then you can use our guide to add a gift wrap option. However, if you're using a theme with Online store 2.0, then you'll need to hire a developer to assist you with this.

As for adding a simple message, this is something that our Theme Support team can help you with if you're using a Shopify-supported theme. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Which theme are you using at the moment?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tim_Gist
Excursionist
56 0 4

@Elias @KellyandZoey @Larinna Hi all! With Giftship, you can add gift wraps, take gift messages (and automate the printing of them) plus much more: https://apps.shopify.com/giftship

If you have any questions or need any help getting set up, please don't hesitate to get back to me here or reach out to our team at support@gist-apps.com