Solved

Header Disappeared!

SalfordSilver
Tourist
10 0 3

Hey, I have just had some issues when trying to replace code which had suddenly stopped working (not due to editing code either). I deleted all the code i was trying to replace, and replaced it, which then seemed to mess up my header and footer. 

I replaced all theme.scss.liquid, header and footer code from the original Brooklyn theme file. This seemed to fix my issue, however now when i click on any other page which is not the first page of the website, the header to access the other pages has disappeared.

Please help!

www.salfordsilver.com

Password; Cooran2020

Accepted Solution (1)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2257 452 393

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SalfordSilver.

I appreciate that you have added the link to your store as that is super helpful. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing, let's see what we can do to help.

If you recently have made a coding change on your theme that caused the Header to no longer display. You can roll back to an older version of your theme. If you would like to revert the changes, you will need to navigate to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

04-14-63290-54288

Once you are looking at the coding of the theme, you can then select Older versions of your theme to have the changes reverted to an earlier date. If you noticed a purple dot next to the files, that means changes have been made to the template and you should be able to revert the changes made.

04-16-59260-131

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11971

Hello, @SalfordSilver 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/theme.scss.liquid->paste below code at the bottom of the file.

.hero__header {
position: relative;
    opacity: 1;
}

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
sacredluxe
Visitor
2 0 4

Since midnight I have went round and round with 5 different employees, none of which helped me. My header disappeared in shopify, the menu everything. It was there, then it was gone. I have been disrespected all night, I am tired, today is a big day for my site and I have no header. No one has a solution. 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11971

@sacredluxe 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2257 452 393

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @SalfordSilver.

I appreciate that you have added the link to your store as that is super helpful. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing, let's see what we can do to help.

If you recently have made a coding change on your theme that caused the Header to no longer display. You can roll back to an older version of your theme. If you would like to revert the changes, you will need to navigate to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

04-14-63290-54288

Once you are looking at the coding of the theme, you can then select Older versions of your theme to have the changes reverted to an earlier date. If you noticed a purple dot next to the files, that means changes have been made to the template and you should be able to revert the changes made.

04-16-59260-131

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog