Help customizing the product image that shows on hover

LindStuart
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi, wondering if someone can help me customize the second image that shows when you hover over a product. My theme doesn't have any options to select this; it just uses the second product image. I'd rather use a completely different image from a metadata field, one that doesn't appear on the product page at all. 

I assume this is possible; just not sure how to code it. Any advice?

Link to site: https://weatherman3.myshopify.com/ If you hover over a product on the homepage you'll see it just pulls up the second product image. Thank you in advance!

Replies 4 (4)

deepaksharma
Shopify Partner
448 63 93

Hi there @LindStuart 

there is a setting to show secondary image

Go to Online Stores> Themes> Customize

Click on the gear on the left side and find the settings for product grid you will see setting to enable "Show additional images"

deepaksharma_0-1712417389547.png

If you are unable to implement the same then I'm happy to do this for you, let me know. I can implement the code changes so that this will work well for you.

Hopefully, it will help you. If yes then Please don't forget to hit Like and Mark it as the solution!

Deepak Sharma || Shopify Developer || Helping eCommerce Stores
- Was my reply helpful? Accept it as solution
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution.
-CHAT ON WHATSAPP | BUY ME A COFFEE | MAIL ME: ds2305187@gmail.com
LindStuart
Tourist
17 0 2

Thanks! I know how to add the picture on hover but I'm trying to customize the picture it shows.

Sweet_Savior_3
Shopify Partner
1163 94 112

Hello @LindStuart 

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Yes, you can link a metafield image to show on hover instead of the second image. 

Create a product metafield of File type with Image only option. Copy the code and find the code for the second image shown on hover and replace the copied code. 

If you are not good with the code, then I would  recommend you to seek help of a developer at a reasonable cost to setup this.

Let me know if I can be helpful in anyways.

Thanks

Don't forget to like and accept the solution to help others store owners.
Looking for an expert or Have any queries ? Send query to the Inbox
Coffee Tip ? Pay to shopify.dev.34@gmail.com
From Less To Further !!!
LindStuart
Tourist
17 0 2

thank you!!