HELP!!!! I installed Shop Pay on my theme (Debut) and it destroyed my site!

Ride_EquiSafe
Tourist
10 0 3

Need emergency help. I installed the Shop Pay functionality on my theme and it totally screwed up my store. How do I get rid of it? It looked fine in the preview?

Replies 4 (4)
Bossismail1
Excursionist
32 1 4

can I have you store url and I will help you in doing that perfectly

Kimi
Shopify Staff
200 25 53

Hi, @Ride_EquiSafe!

Are you referring to the Shop Pay Installments (SPI) banner? Did enabling SPI on your store update your theme automatically, or did you implement this using one of the two methods listed within this Help Centre document? If you updated it using the first method mentioned in the document, of clicking the Update theme button within the banner presented on your Online store > Themes page in the admin (as seen on the image below), then the system would have automatically created a duplicate version of your old theme and saves that version to your Theme Library. If this is the case, you can then navigate to your store's Theme library and publish the previous version of your theme.

29-13-xk6hd-2h0qy

Once your previous theme is published, your storefront should reflect the original theme that you had before the SPI banner was added to your theme. Customers will still be able to select SPI during checkout however, so if you'd still like to present the SPI banner on your store's product pages you have a couple of options to get help with this:

1. If you're using one of our Shopify Themes, which it sounds like you are (Debut), you can contact our internal Support Team by visiting our Help Centre here, and logging in to your account to create a support request. From there, our Support Advisors will be able to check your store's eligibility for design time, and escalate your request to our Themes Support if eligible.
  2. Your other option is to contact HeyCarson, a design agency that we've partnered with to help merchants add the SPI banner to their store for free. You can follow this link to submit a request. Please note that our partnership with HeyCarson only includes basic implementation of the SPI banner, so if you're wanting any customisations for the banner, HeyCarson will charge their standard rates to your store.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ride_EquiSafe
Tourist
10 0 3

Thanks to the incredible team at Shopify, they helped resolve this issue!

Kimi
Shopify Staff
200 25 53

@Ride_EquiSafe

I'm so glad to hear you've managed to resolve this issue!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog