Solved

Can anyone assist with adjusting text position in Brooklyn theme on Shopify?

Beautgiftco
Tourist
7 1 0

Hi guys.

I have the Brooklyn theme and I am trying to figure out how to move my main text more towards the middle so it is not covering my logo or the menu button.

Can anyone help with this?

Have attached picture for reference. It just needs to move down a touch and the font a bit smaller too.

16359437595283813433623409747344.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)
Beautgiftco
Tourist
7 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Team.

I was hoping this is covered in free design time.
I am wanting to add an option at check out so that when a customer buys a
pre-made gift box, they have an option to choose what greeting card they
want added. This is included in the price. I was hoping there was a drop
down option where they could choose from 5 or so greeting cards and then
leave a note for me to write inside.

is this an option?

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

ZestardTech
Shopify Expert
5393 970 1291

Hello There,

Please share your store URL and password.
So that I will check and let you know the exact solution here

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
Beautgiftco
Tourist
7 1 0
Hi!

Here is my URL: BeautGiftCo. ~ Navigation ~ Shopify

As for password, how do I find this please?

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Beautgiftco.

Thanks for the quick reply.

You should be able to locate the current password by navigating to Online store > Preferences, there is a specific section titled Password Protection. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you where this is located:

08-10-67236-89219

With that being said, since you are using the Brooklyn theme, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the corresponding changes on your behalf. If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see homepage of your online store.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Beautgiftco
Tourist
7 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Team.

I was hoping this is covered in free design time.
I am wanting to add an option at check out so that when a customer buys a
pre-made gift box, they have an option to choose what greeting card they
want added. This is included in the price. I was hoping there was a drop
down option where they could choose from 5 or so greeting cards and then
leave a note for me to write inside.

is this an option?
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Beautgiftco.

If you are wanting to add a field into the Shopify checkout - this is something we see requested quite often but unfortunately, there isn’t actually the ability to edit the code for the checkout unless you are on the Shopify Plus plan. The primary reasons behind not being able to edit the checkout CSS are around security, responsiveness, and maintaining PCI compliance. If we had customized checkouts, any updates or improvements that we wanted to make would have to be made on a store-by-store basis. As you can imagine, this would take a very long time! It would also make the customer suffer if the checkout was then glitchy/not updated correctly.

We still allow you to customize your checkout style, such as changing the colours and adding a banner to the top of the checkout page. However, ultimately these systems are in place with the primary focus of making our platform more secure for you and your customers. We hope you understand that it’s with your best interest at heart.

One thing I can do is send your request up to our development team for you. At Shopify, we pride ourselves on the continued growth and development of our platform, and we are only able to strive towards this goal with feedback and comments from merchants just like you. There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, or make it to a product launch, but we always appreciate merchants reaching out with any suggestion.

With that being said, you can enable order notes on your cart to allow your customers to enter in any custom text once they have navigated to the cart page. We do also have various third-party applications that can assist you with adding a greeting card to your orders on our Shopify App store. I picked out a couple of recommendations, feel free to check them out:

Alternatively, you can reach out to Shopify Experts if you are interested in hiring an individual to build the store on your behalf.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Beautgiftco.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the screenshots that you have shared about the section you would like to make changes to. Would you be able to share your online store URL? Looking into the options available for the Brooklyn theme, it looks like we can use the Theme Editor to manually move the text alignment to have the text appear where you would like on the slide. I took a screenshot of my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

03-54-34518-86330

Let me know if that does the trick, happy to help out.