Help needed!

MustF
1 0 0

Hello, I own a online store in New Zealand. 
Recently, I worked with someone overseas to help with me with my web design and her lack of communication and her final product was not to my expectations and the money that I paid.

In saying that, I am here to look for a Shopify expert (preferrably in New Zealand) to help me boost my website to increase my chances of getting more sales. 
I would like to work with this person for a long period of time also If you are interested you can reply to this with your email and I will get in touch with you. 

Looking forward to working with you! 
Thank you  

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
317 50 63

Hi, @MustF.

I am sorry to hear you had this experience with the individual you hired, that said, have you considered hiring a Shopify Expert to help you out with your shop instead? Shopify Experts are vetted by us directly and can offer you support in everything from website design and building to marketing and promotions help, it may be worth reaching out to one directly. Alternatively, there are some additional resources I would love to send you that may help you build your traffic to help you get some more sales. 

The first resource I would recommend is our Search Engine Optimization guide here. When potential customers search for products online, they utilize search engines like Google and Bing, you can optimize your site to appear higher in search engine results. There are many factors that can make your online store appear higher in search results:

• the number of natural (not paid or social media) links pointing to your store from other websites
  • the authority of the website based on engagement and other factors
  • the age of your domain name
  • website structure and content that is optimized for search engines

I also recommend checking out this Increasing website traffic article, It breaks down in detail how to drive traffic to your website and how to convert those visits into sales utilizing multiple methods. It also presents important questions you should ask about your store such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost-benefits analysis.
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

Have you been utilizing certain marketing techniques or promotions with your store yet? If so, I would love to hear more about what techniques you have been using to bring traffic to your shop. One last great resource you could look into is our fantastic guide on Marketing and promotions for your Shopify store. It walks through some great things to consider like: 

I hope some of these resources help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out to me with any questions you may have!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes