Can I add text to product options on Shopify?

whiskeymountain
Visitor
1 0 1

Good Evening,

I am looking on my shop website and there are some menu options  at the bottom of each of my products for Materials, Shipping and Returns, Dimensions, Instructions and below is the footer that has free shipping that is default text and Hassle free Exchanges that is default text.  Can you please help me navigate so I can add in text.  I tried to upload a picture but it is not supported by shopify.

Thanks

Replies 11 (11)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@whiskeymountain 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @whiskeymountain 

You could edit text on these sections by following the steps below:

• Navigating to Online Store > Theme > Customize.
  • On the dropdown at the top center, select Product > Default product.
  • In the sidebar menu, scroll down to the Multicolumn section where Hassle-free Exchanges are displayed.

Screenshot.png

You can customize the small "materials/Shipping/Dimensions/Care instructions part by clicking on the small triangle in the Product Information section and you'll see the picture below:

Screenshot (1).png

If you find this answer is helpful, please mark it as a Solution.

Best regards.

banned
kirkcanada
Shopify Partner
156 13 25

https://eytikpo9vg221mpk-63740248297.shopifypreview.com/products_preview?preview_key=7d0d6327e6cfef5...

I am trying to edit the materials/shipping/returns/etc drop downs and have tried to follow your screen shots. I can't get it to work.
Do I edit these on each page?
I want to add specific nutrition information and ingredients drop downs to each product page and remove the rest of those items but I can not find the edit options anywhere

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@kirkcanada 

yes, please create new product template and added 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
kirkcanada
Shopify Partner
156 13 25

I'm sorry I do not understand your post

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @kirkcanada 

I found this in another topic, you could try to follow these steps:

• First, you will need to create Metafields, which will let you fill in the information you want for each product individually.
  • On your admin page go to Settings, then Metafields, Products, Add definition. Give it a name, like "Material", then hit Select content type, choose Text (I think that's what you are looking for), and select Multi-line text.
  • Hit Save.
  • Now, on your, admin page select Products, enter in any product, scroll down to the bottom, and you will see the Meta field you've created, now you can enter the information you want.
  • Now to have it displayed on the product page of your store, you will need to follow the next instructions: Go to your admin page and in your active theme hit Customize, select Products, create a new product template, and assign the product you want,
  • In your Product Information hit Add block, select Collapsible tab, and in Tab content at your right, hit Insert dynamic source, select "Material", hit insert, and save.

I hope this helps

banned
kirkcanada
Shopify Partner
156 13 25

Wow, that's extremely complicated. Thanks for looking all that up for me. I really don't need "searchable" metafields.

This issue is stemming from the fact that I can not get a table to show properly on each product page like thisproduct-info.jpg

But now that I think about it, maybe I can just post a jpeg of the product info on each individual product page.

kirkcanada
Shopify Partner
156 13 25

Crap,

I was some how able to get to the new product template set and then I hit publish and it overwrote the entire site. It seems like I have lost all my edits from this week. UPDATE: I some how got it back

kirkcanada
Shopify Partner
156 13 25

Okay now that I've played around with it, I think I'm getting some where...

I need some clarity on the dynamic sources that I've inserted into the collapsible content. How do I edit the content of those dynamic sources? I mean the nutrition info and ingredients changes for each product.metafields.jpg

kirkcanada
Shopify Partner
156 13 25

AvadoCommerce,
I've been working with your advice and I think I'm making even more progress!
My next question is how can I format the text in the collapsible meta content?

I need to bold some of the text and use leader lines such as the followingproduct-info.jpg

https://y1y652s5kr3yeox1-63740248297.shopifypreview.com/products_preview?preview_key=4cd0b2b7236709e...

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @kirkcanada 

You could hire a Shopify expert to do it for you.

All the best.

banned