Is adding hover zoom to the Brooklyn theme possible in Shopify?

Pam9
Explorer
104 0 15

Hey, 

I would like to add zoom hover in my Brooklyn theme. jQuery zoom is already loaded in my theme but it is not the hover zoom. I tried to follow this article but I got lost. What should I do if jQuery Zoom is already loaded in m

Replies 4 (4)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Pam9.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is super helpful. Looking into the options available for the Brooklyn theme, we can make the images able to zoom in. However, instead of a hover zoom this will expand the image allowing the customer to zoom in further. If you would like to add this to your Brooklyn theme, you will need to navigate to the Theme Editor and make edits to the product page. Once you are editing the product page, you can select on the product section to see the options to enable image zoom. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

02-27-34643-21903

Additionally, we can look towards adding a third-party application from our Shopify App store that will allow your customers to hover zoom over the product images in your online store. I went through and grabbed a couple of recommendations, let me know what you think:

Looking forward to your reply.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Pam9
Explorer
104 0 15

Hey, I would not like to add a 3rd app. Also, the zoom my theme has is not effective. I would like to add hover zoom through coding.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Pam9.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Since the Brooklyn theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can look to use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the coding changes on your behalf. If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see on your online store with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, happy to help out.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Pam9
Explorer
104 0 15

I used my free design time. I am pretty familiar with coding and I could follow any steps.