How can a customer cancel or return their order?

Okyns
Tourist
12 1 1

Hi!

When a customer wishes to cancel or return an order, they must submit a request from their account. However, I did not see such an option. I want to put 'refund' and 'cancel' options on client account.
Thank you for your help.

Replies 5 (5)

DelightCart
Shopify Partner
1233 81 155

@Okyns May this help you. Click Here

Delight Cart - It's time to turn your visitors into loyal shoppers! 

Delight Loyalty - Increase repeat sales quickly and build lifelong customers loyalty.
Okyns
Tourist
12 1 1

Thank you. However, this link gives information about merchant transactions. I want the customer to open a return and cancellation request for their order.

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 94

Hi @Okyns 

From your Shopify admin you can create and manage your returns, send shipping instructions and return labels to your customers, track returned items, restock inspected items, and refund payments to your customers. However these are all possible by the merchant and not by the customer if that is what you are asking for.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Okyns
Tourist
12 1 1

Hi !

Yes all this can be done by the seller. But I also want the customer to be able to open a cancellation and refund request.

johanson
Tourist
10 0 13

I am also interested in this functionality.

I see in the notifications you can configure a "return requested" email that is "sent automatically to the customer after they have requested a return" but there is no indication on how a customer "requests" the return to begin with.

There are then 2 additional emails: return approved and return declined, which are sent to the customer presumably after the admin has taken some action on the customer's initial return request.

It would be great if customer's could initiate a cancel (if its not shipped) or a return (if it has shipped) which goes into a queue for processing.  

Ideally there could then be some light rules for handling such as "auto approve" which would be good for cancel requests, etc.