How can I add a blank option to my menu items for a second nav bar line in the Dawn theme?

supportsection
Visitor
2 0 0

im trying to add blank option in my menu items so that im able to create a second line in my nav bar??

Could someone help me ? Im using the Dawn theme

thank you

Replies 2 (2)

Jores
Visitor
3 0 0

To add a blank option in your menu items in the Dawn theme, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Menus.
  2. In the Menus screen, make sure you have selected the menu you want to edit.
  3. Click on the "Custom Links" menu item type in the left column.
  4. In the "URL" field, enter a single pound sign (#).
  5. In the "Link Text" field, enter a blank space or any other character you want to use to create a second line in your nav bar.
  6. Click on the "Add to Menu" button to add the custom link to your menu.
  7. Drag and drop the new custom link to the desired position in your menu.
  8. Save your menu by clicking on the "Save Menu" button.

After following these steps, you should see a blank space or character in your menu, which you can use to create a second line in your nav bar. You can then add other menu items below the blank space to create the second line.

pk

kimkevin
Visitor
1 0 0

To add a blank option in your menu items so that you can create a second line in your navigation bar using the Dawn theme, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
  2. Navigate to "Appearance" > "Menus".
  3. Select the menu where you want to add the blank option or create a new menu if needed.
  4. Locate the menu item you want to add the second line to or create a new custom link.
  5. For the custom link URL, enter a hash symbol (#) or any valid URL, as the link itself won't be used.
  6. In the Link Text or Navigation Label field, enter a non-breaking space. You can achieve this by pressing and holding the "Alt" key while typing "255" on the numeric keypad. This will create an empty space that will serve as a placeholder.
  7. Add this menu item to your menu.
  8. Drag and drop the blank menu item to the position where you want the second line to start in your navigation bar.
  9. Save your menu changes.

By adding this blank menu item with a non-breaking space as the label, you should be able to create a second line in your navigation bar using the Dawn theme. Make sure to preview your changes to ensure they appear as expected on your website.