Solved

How can I add a custom message/note into the cart drawer in Dawn theme?

orik
Tourist
16 0 2

How can I add a custom message/note into the cart drawer in Dawn theme?

I want to have a small message above the the checkout, the subtotal and the price row, that says a custom note whenever someone open their cart drawer and has items in it. I'll link an image to this post that highlights exactly where i want the custom message to be. I want it to be a small text in black color that just says "All orders are processed in USD". The area where i want the message to be displayed is marked in red color.

IMG_8120.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)
Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

This is an accepted solution.

Ok. Right under where you see </cart-drawer-items>, type this:

<p>Example message to customers here.</p>

Save it, and check your store to see if it appears. Does it work?

banned

View solution in original post

Replies 17 (17)

NomtechSolution
Astronaut
1245 113 148

You can add textarea there in cart.liquid file in theme code and add text All orders are processed in USD.

orik
Tourist
16 0 2

there is no cart.liquid file in my theme + you didn't mention how to do it or where to do to place it exactly. in code, you can't just type what you want and it'll display. 

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Hey @orik, you can do this by making some changes in the code files. Do you have any experience coding on Shopify?

banned
orik
Tourist
16 0 2

very little. i know how to navigate into the theme's code and how to insert codes. i will only need you to write the code and let me know where to place it + - 🙂 

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Sure no problem. To get started, can you paste the link to your website? It will make it a little bit easier to help you out. Thanks!

banned
orik
Tourist
16 0 2

sure, here it is: https://wethera.com/

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Great! Now, do you want this message to show on both mobile and desktop, or only on mobile?

banned
orik
Tourist
16 0 2

on both 🙂

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Ok. In your code files, what are the files related to the cart? Do you see anything like cart-modal.liquid?

Can you take a screenshot as well for me please? Thanks.

banned
orik
Tourist
16 0 2

There is no cart-modal.liquid file. Attached to this message are all the files that contain "cart" in my theme ccs.png

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

In the Snippets folder, click on cart-drawer.liquid. Do a search for "cart-drawer-items". Does anything come up?

banned
orik
Tourist
16 0 2

Yes. there are 2 sections where it comes up

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Can you take a screenshot of both sections and paste them here? Thanks.

banned
orik
Tourist
16 0 2

33.jpg

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

This is an accepted solution.

Ok. Right under where you see </cart-drawer-items>, type this:

<p>Example message to customers here.</p>

Save it, and check your store to see if it appears. Does it work?

banned
orik
Tourist
16 0 2

yep it does, thank you!

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

No problem. If you ever have any more questions on how to do something, feel free to reach out to or message me. Thanks!

banned