How can I add a like button with a count feature to my Turbo theme blogs?

user16
4 0 3

Hi,

I want to add a simple like button to my blogs that also keeps a count of total likes.

Theme: TurboScreenshot 2022-04-12 121100.png

Replies 3 (3)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 965

Hi @user16 

Each theme has their own element, so we suggest you to contact your theme provider for more information, as your theme provider is best equipped with the knowledge of customizing their theme.

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any question!

banned

Maz
Shopify Staff
1224 130 184

Hi @user16!

Thank you for the screenshot!

Adding a like button to your blog would be a super cool feature to have! As mentioned by @AvadaCommerce this might be possible with the theme that you're using, can you tell me what then name of your theme is?

If your theme is developed by a third party, then it might be worth reaching out to them and requesting some assistance for this, as themes that appear on our theme store must provide some level of support. Depending on the theme, there might be more options for customization in terms of adding buttons to the blog posts based on the theme settings. I also had a look through our app store for you, for an app with such a feature, however I was unsuccessful. Should you be comfortable with customization yourself, you can learn how to build a clickable Call-to-Action button for the theme here at this link.

That being said, I quite like this suggestion, so what I have done is gone and added this as feedback for our developers for review. I'd suggest keeping an eye on our Shopify Changelog right here for updates such as this!

While on the topic of blog posts, check out this great external article at this link by outofthesandbox.com: Using the blog feature in your Shopify theme: Dos and don'ts, it is definitely worth a read with some helpful tips!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AhoiApps
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hey,

we just have developed an app for this: Ahoi Apps: Blog Posts Likes 

It allows you to add a section to your blog posts, where customers can add a like or dislike (if you want) to your blog articles. In the same time, we have added 2 predesigned sections, where you can then show the most liked articles as well.

There is a 7 days trial, if you want to check it out. You can see it in our demo store as well: Ahoi Apps: Blog Posts Likes example 

On the following page, you can see at the bottom, what the 2 predesigned sections look like Most Liked Articles Sections: Blog Posts Likes 

There is no custom coding needed and you can change and style the sections as you like. You can change the like and dislike button style as well if you want. The app itself comes with 5 predefined button icon styles.

If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know.