How can I change my landing and collection page headings to H1?

Solved

How can I change my landing and collection page headings to H1?

Alun
Explorer
55 2 16

Screenshot.jpg

Is there a way to change/report these headings (on my landing page and collection pages) as H1's? I thought selecting "large" would do that but AHREFS reports these pages as not having H1's.

Many thanks in advance for any replies,

Alun

Accepted Solution (1)
suyash1
Shopify Partner
9550 1194 1532

This is an accepted solution.

@Alun - the tag used for bigger text is h2 hence you are not seeing h1 on Ahref, go to your theme files and go to image with text section, you will "image-with-text__heading" it is in h1 tag... chnage this h2 tag to h1

Support me | To build shopify pages use pagefly | You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Hardik29418
Shopify Partner
2913 419 1081

Hello,

Welcome to the Shopify Community.
I read your problem and it seems that I need to analyze your website to provide the solution here.
Would you please share your website URL and if your website is password protected then also provide the password.

- Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp or EMAIL ME!

- Your Coffee Tip would do Magic code ❤️
- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
- Email
Alun
Explorer
55 2 16

Many thanks @Hardik29418 - the url is https://www.snowdoniahoney.com and no password

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9550 1194 1532

@Alun - because may be your sections do not have h1 tag, so the option is to change code to h1 for one of the title like you have selected in screenshot

Support me | To build shopify pages use pagefly | You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
Alun
Explorer
55 2 16

Thanks @suyash1, I did think of that but wanted to keep the section as it was but maybe that's not an option now. Thanks for your reply. Alun

Alun
Explorer
55 2 16

I'm still struggling with a resolution to this problem....

The section I'm using is an "Image with Text". AHREFS reports that none of my Collection pages have an H1 - is it possible using Dawn to change this? I thought that choosing Large for the title would make it an H1? 

Screenshot 2.jpg

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9550 1194 1532

@Alun - can you please share this page link?

Alun
Explorer
55 2 16

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at my issue @suyash1 - the URL is https://www.snowdoniahoney.com/collections/heather-honeys  but it affects all my collections and the homepage too (no H1 showing on AHREFS)

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9550 1194 1532

This is an accepted solution.

@Alun - the tag used for bigger text is h2 hence you are not seeing h1 on Ahref, go to your theme files and go to image with text section, you will "image-with-text__heading" it is in h1 tag... chnage this h2 tag to h1

Alun
Explorer
55 2 16

Thanks @suyash1 - that worked a dream