How can I embed a video into a product page with Supply Theme?

Julian_Smith
7 0 0

Hi Guys,

How can I embed a video into a product page with Supply Theme?

Is this possible?

Jules

Replies 5 (5)
Julian_Smith
7 0 0

Bump.

Any advice on this?

Cheers

Katy
Shopify Staff
771 43 170

Hey, Jules!

Katy here from Shopify. Thanks for posting. ?

It is for sure possible to embed videos via the product section. The great thing is, you can do so regardless of the theme you are using.

If you go to your Admin > Products and click on this video icon here:

I have created a short video here to show you too. I hope this helps - feel free to let me know!

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

Dione_van_Beynu
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm using the Supply theme. I've drag-and-dropped the video into the "media" section, and I've also used your instructions to embed it into the product description, but it does not show in the Product Preview. Any idea why?

Moira
Shopify Staff
484 72 81

@Dione_van_Beynu 

I have found another community thread where a Shopify Expert has provided the coding needed to implement product media within the Supply Theme:

We also have some great Shopify resources that go into more detail about making this change to your theme:

Important Coding Reminders: If you make changes to the original code and save the changes, you will not be able to revert back. We always suggest you first duplicate the theme and work in the duplicate. That way you can always go back to your previous version. If you need custom changes but would prefer the help of a developer we recommend Shopify's own Expert Marketplace.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog