FROM CACHE - en_header

How can I force the maximum characters of the blog excerpt to be just two lines of text?

apalacio
Excursionist
23 0 8

Hello,

I am using the focal theme and when I turn on the excerpts for the blog, it shows the entire article and looks like this:

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 8.32.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 8.32.19 AM.png

Because I have almost 200 blogs, I can't edit each excerpt.  How can I force the maximum number of characters to be 150 - 200 characters at most (just two lines of text) from the article? 

Thanks!

Replies 2 (2)
suyash1
Shopify Partner
6160 724 1027

@apalacio - did you check this blog template, if it has any length parameter? or I can check it, if you can add me as collaborator

You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com, My timezone is GMT+5:30,to build shopify pages use pagefly | want to support?
MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
695 52 132

Hi @apalacio,

I am Ani From https://www.task4store.com/  - Shopify Small & Custom Tasks Experts ( By MS Web Designer - Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore )

I will love to help you with your concern.

It would be difficult to give you the exact solution without checking the backend code.

Can we get backend access to your store? if you want we can continue the conversation via DM or personal chat.

If you have any concerns feel free to ask me!

Regards,
Ani

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution