How can I get custom form fields into the Order Export CSV file?

Chris_Hay
1 0 2

Hi,

I created a textarea form field (in the product.liquid) on a product based on the instructions provided in the below mentioned documentataion link:

https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for-pr...

All is working when ordering, the custom information gets put into the order when you click on it under Orders.

However, I need this information to be able to be exported.  I noticed that none of the custom information shows up in the export CSV file. Is there any way to get it in there or how can I access this information (other than clicking on every order).  Thanks!

Replies 9 (9)
inzaghi_2006
Shopify Partner
51 1 4

I can make custom function for you to export orders with custom fields data.

Check my contact!

Please Like and Accept Solution if you like my solution.
Email: inzaghi.2006@yahoo.com
Maris
Shopify Partner
308 5 66

Hi, Chris!

Take a look at Bulk Import Export Update with Excel app.

It has Orders export to Excel, and while it's in beta, it's free.

Maybe it has the fields you require. If not, let me know, which fields those are, and I will add it.

Maris

Matrixify (Excelify) | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://matrixify.app
Jonathan-HA
Trailblazer
199 10 55

Hey Chris,

The line item properties data can be accessed via the Shopify API and our app, EZ Exporter, can pull this information for you.

With our app, you can also pull specific line item properties and put each one in a separate column. I can assist you with setting this up.  We have a 7-day free trial so you can try it out first to make sure it does what you need.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
Maris
Shopify Partner
308 5 66

Hey, Chris!

You can export custom properties of Orders and Order Line Items with this app Excelify.io: Bulk Import Export Update with Excel.

When you export Orders, the Order attributes will be in the column "Additional Details". And the Line Item custom properties will be in the column "Line: Properties".

All in all, there are around 160 fields that you can export for Orders - it basically contains every piece of information there is in Shopify about your orders. Even card authorization codes and risk levels. And of course, among them the custom information you need.

Here is the detailed documentation about the contents of each field of the exported (and imported) Orders: https://excelify.io/shopify-excel-import-export-detailed-documentation/orders/

Have fun!

Maris

Matrixify (Excelify) | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://matrixify.app
Jonathan-HA
Trailblazer
199 10 55

Hi Chris,

Our app, EZ Exporter, will be able to export these Line Item Properties for you.

Our app is designed for generating custom CSV files and it can place each line item property in separate colunms in the CSV.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
cmrickels
1 0 0

Can I get assistance with implementing the functionality to include my products custom fields with my order exports ?

@inzaghi_2006 wrote:

I can make custom function for you to export orders with custom fields data.

Check my contact!

Gariep
Excursionist
25 0 6

Heo Chris, trying to revive an old thread here but did you found a way to do it on your own or did you ended up with an app or expert service? If so how much should i expect to pay? 

Thank you

divotend
2 0 0

@Gariep Im also keen to find a way to edit csv columns to just those few my fulfilment centre needs but also to export daily orders at midnight automatically.  One would think that Shopify itself has this capacity without having to purchase a third party app.

Gariep
Excursionist
25 0 6

Hello @inzaghi_2006 ,

I'm looking for the same function, can you help?

I have multiples product with customisation and i need to export this in a csv file.