How can I make my carousel infinite loop and slide automatically?

loolakoola
Excursionist
63 0 7

loolakoola_0-1685688701192.png

This is my mobile main page. I made my 'NEW ARRIVALS' section into slide. Now I want to make carousel into loop so to be able to slide continuosly. and If it's possible, I want to make carousel slide automatically. Please give me a hand. Thank you. 

url : 104e35-2.myshopify.com

Replies 3 (3)

Moeed
Shopify Partner
3621 916 1141

Hey @loolakoola 

To create a continuously looping carousel with automatic sliding in your "NEW ARRIVALS" section, you'll need to modify the carousel code. Here's a general approach:

• Identify the carousel code: Locate the code responsible for generating the carousel in your "NEW ARRIVALS" section. This could be within a specific section file or a snippet included in your theme.
  • Enable loop functionality: Check if there is an option or parameter to enable the loop functionality for the carousel. If there is, enable it according to the documentation or instructions provided with your carousel implementation. If there is no built-in option, you may need to modify the code manually.
  • Adjust the slide order: To create a continuous loop, you need to adjust the slide order. Duplicate the slides within the carousel code and place them at the appropriate position so that they appear before or after the original slides. Ensure that the duplicated slides match the order and styling of the original ones.
  • Implement automatic sliding: To make the carousel slide automatically, you'll need to use JavaScript/jQuery. Add a script that triggers the carousel to move to the next slide at regular intervals. You can use functions like setInterval or setTimeout to control the timing of the slide transitions.

Here's an example of how the JavaScript code might look:

// Set the interval for automatic sliding (in milliseconds)
var slideInterval = 3000; // Adjust this value as needed

// Find the carousel element and initiate the automatic sliding
var carousel = document.querySelector('.your-carousel-class'); // Replace '.your-carousel-class' with the actual class or identifier of your carousel
var slides = carousel.querySelectorAll('.carousel-slide'); // Replace '.carousel-slide' with the class or identifier of your individual slides
var currentSlideIndex = 0;

function slideToNext() {
  // Hide the current slide
  slides[currentSlideIndex].classList.remove('active');

// Increment the slide index
  currentSlideIndex++;
  if (currentSlideIndex >= slides.length) {
    currentSlideIndex = 0; // Reset to the first slide when reaching the end
  }

// Show the next slide
  slides[currentSlideIndex].classList.add('active');
}

// Start the automatic sliding
setInterval(slideToNext, slideInterval);

Make sure to replace '.your-carousel-class' with the actual class or identifier of your carousel, and '.carousel-slide' with the class or identifier of your individual slides.

• Save and test the changes: Save the modified code and test the carousel in your "NEW ARRIVALS" section to ensure it loops continuously and slides automatically.

Please note that the specific implementation may vary depending on the carousel library or code you're using. Make sure to refer to the documentation or support resources specific to your carousel implementation for more detailed instructions.

If I managed to help you then, don't forget to Like it and Mark it as Solution!

Best Regards,
Moeed

Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp

- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
- Your Coffee Tip and my code, A perfect blend. ❤️
loolakoola
Excursionist
63 0 7

this is actuaylly "swipe_on_mobile" so I'm not sure whether it's possible to act same as carousel feature. Can you explain more how to apply your code please?

Moeed
Shopify Partner
3621 916 1141

If your "NEW ARRIVALS" section uses a swipe-based functionality on mobile instead of a traditional carousel, the approach for implementing continuous looping and automatic sliding may differ. Here's a modified approach that can work with swipe-based sections:

1. Identify the swipe-based code: Locate the code responsible for the swipe-based functionality in your "NEW ARRIVALS" section. This could be within a specific section file or a snippet included in your theme.

2. Enable loop functionality: Check if there is an option or parameter to enable the loop functionality for the swipe-based section. If there is, enable it according to the documentation or instructions provided with your swipe-based implementation. If there is no built-in option, you may need to modify the code manually.

3. Adjust the slide order: Similar to a traditional carousel, you need to adjust the slide order to create a continuous loop. Duplicate the slides within the code and place them at the appropriate position so that they appear before or after the original slides. Ensure that the duplicated slides match the order and styling of the original ones.

4. Implement automatic sliding: For automatic sliding, you'll need to use JavaScript/jQuery to trigger the swipe action at regular intervals. You can simulate the swipe action programmatically to move to the next slide. This may require interacting with the swipe-based library or code you're using.

Here's an example of how the JavaScript code might look:

// Find the swipe-based element
var swipeElement = document.querySelector('.your-swipe-class'); // Replace '.your-swipe-class' with the actual class or identifier of your swipe-based element

// Get the number of slides and the current index
var slides = swipeElement.querySelectorAll('.swipe-slide'); // Replace '.swipe-slide' with the class or identifier of your individual slides
var slideCount = slides.length;
var currentIndex = 0;

// Set the interval for automatic sliding (in milliseconds)
var slideInterval = 3000; // Adjust this value as needed (3 seconds in this example)

// Function to simulate the swipe action
function swipeToNextSlide() {
  // Perform the swipe action to move to the next slide
  // This will depend on the swipe-based library or code you're using
  // You may need to trigger a specific method or event to simulate the swipe action
  // Consult the documentation or support resources for your swipe-based implementation

// Increment the index or reset to the first slide
  currentIndex = (currentIndex + 1) % slideCount;
}

// Start the automatic sliding
setInterval(swipeToNextSlide, slideInterval);

Make sure to replace '.your-swipe-class' with the actual class or identifier of your swipe-based element, and '.swipe-slide' with the class or identifier of your individual slides.

Please note that the specific implementation may vary depending on the swipe-based library or code you're using. Consult the documentation or support resources specific to your swipe-based implementation for more detailed instructions on how to simulate the swipe action programmatically.

If I managed to help you then, don't forget to Like it and Mark it as Solution!

Best Regards,
Moeed

Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp

- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
- Your Coffee Tip and my code, A perfect blend. ❤️