Solved

How can I make the background colour of my image with text be full width

Livmoore
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi 

I have create an image with text section that is a different background colour to my theme. How can I make the colour full width without scaling the image and text?

Currently the background stops and has a white margin left and right. 

I am using a theme called palmsping that is not very customised. 
Would appreciate come help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)
kaalTechGeeks
Shopify Partner
299 56 76

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Livmoore , 

In order to make the background full width just copy paste the below code at the bottom of the theme.liquid file in your store  

<style>
div#shopify-section-template--16131872194781__16339816485a223985 {
background: #efe8da;
width: 100%;
}

</style>

and the background color of the section would be full width. 
thanks & regards 

KaalTechGeeks

- If my answers saved you time and headaches, consider buying me a coffee!
- Check my profile: KaalTechGeeks | Reach out to me on my socials - Instagram | Skype | Mail
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! & if your question was answered, Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Livmoore
Tourist
9 0 1

@kaalTechGeeks This is my new question. Thank you

kaalTechGeeks
Shopify Partner
299 56 76

@Livmoore Can you share your website URL so that I can share with you the exact codes that will help you implement this

- Check my profile: KaalTechGeeks | Reach out to me on my socials - Instagram | Skype | Mail
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! & if your question was answered, Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Livmoore
Tourist
9 0 1

@kaalTechGeeks Unfortunately my website is not live as I am launching my store this week. Is there another was to show you the code?

kaalTechGeeks
Shopify Partner
299 56 76

No worries still you can share the site along with the password that would work for me 

@Livmoore 

Livmoore
Tourist
9 0 1

@kaalTechGeeks I have sent you my details on skype

kaalTechGeeks
Shopify Partner
299 56 76

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Livmoore , 

In order to make the background full width just copy paste the below code at the bottom of the theme.liquid file in your store  

<style>
div#shopify-section-template--16131872194781__16339816485a223985 {
background: #efe8da;
width: 100%;
}

</style>

and the background color of the section would be full width. 
thanks & regards 

KaalTechGeeks

Livmoore
Tourist
9 0 1

Thank you! @kaalTechGeeks this worked!

kaalTechGeeks
Shopify Partner
299 56 76

Hi @Livmoore , I am glad that my solution worked for you Please do like my solutions as this motivates to help others in the community. Please do not hesitate to ping me if you need any help in future. Thanks & Regards KaalTechGeeks