Solved

How can I modify or add extra product variant options in Shopify?

Usama7549
Tourist
13 0 0

Shopify allows us to add product variants but it only allows 4 options. Is there a way I can somehow add some other option or change the name of these existing variant options?Screenshot 2022-08-16 103639.png

Accepted Solution (1)
AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 963

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Usama7549,

You can totally type your own text in the Option name box, then click on any blank space outside of the box to add the option value. Finally, click on Done to save it.

AvadaCommerce_0-1660660559579.png

AvadaCommerce_1-1660660618286.png

I hope it helps.

banned

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

AmitGodoble
Shopify Partner
62 2 5

Edit a product's options

You can add, remove, or edit options and option values from the product details page.

Steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products

2. Click the name of the product that you want to edit.

3. In the Options section, make any edits that you need:

• To add a new option, click Add another option and enter the option name and a default option value. The default option value is applied to all the existing variants. You can have a maximum of three options for a product.
    • To change an option name, click Edit and enter the new name.
    • To delete an option value, click Edit and click the trash icon next to the value you want to delete.
    • To delete an option entirely, remove all but one of the option values, then click the trash can icon beside the option. When there is only one option, you can't remove it by editing the options. If you want to sell a product without any variants, then you need to delete all the variants

Also, if you want to edit something else like variant, SKU, barcode, etc. then refer to the link I am sharing https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/variants/edit-variants

Please go through it in case you want more to edit. Also, let me know if you find it helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Usama7549
Tourist
13 0 0

I want to change this option name not the option valueScreenshot 2022-08-16 122717.png, which shopify isn't letting me to. 

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 963

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Usama7549,

You can totally type your own text in the Option name box, then click on any blank space outside of the box to add the option value. Finally, click on Done to save it.

AvadaCommerce_0-1660660559579.png

AvadaCommerce_1-1660660618286.png

I hope it helps.

banned
Usama7549
Tourist
13 0 0

I was pressing enter after writing a name which is why it wasn't working. 

Blank_Canvas
Tourist
3 0 5

I am looking to be able to add a default "Name" here. Instead of using one of the 4 options, I have to type in a different variant name. For example, I need the variant name to be "Flavor". I understand that I can type it in and it will save once I click save. But is there a way to add "Flavor" to the list of names instead of always typing it in?

marking1990
Visitor
1 0 0

Any idea how to change it for 400 products without doing it manualy one by one ? =/

milansjr
Visitor
1 0 0

Also - we sell coffee and we offer the option of different grind types for customers. Those grind types are a variant for each product. We don't actually keep inventory of those variants, we just grind upon request. How can I track inventory better without having to put "availability" or "on hand" for every grind size, since it is just the whole bean option that we keep in inventory? Thank you!