How can we upload HD/Original quality image in the product page?

chiragramjibhai
Shopify Partner
12 0 2

Hello folks,

I am trying to add an upload button in the product page where buyer can upload any image. 

I have used this link 

Now I am able to get image uploaded, but the image is compressed, which is not what I want. 

Is there any way to upload image with original quality..

Replies 2 (2)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @chiragramjibhai!

Thanks for sharing your query here with us in the Community and thanks also for letting us know what you've tried so far.

Have you checked out any of the file upload apps available in our app store yet?

As with all third-party apps in our store, you can reach out to the developers directly with any support queries you have by using the contact details listed there on the app store page.

You can confirm with the creators of a given app how their app would function specifically with regard to the quality and compression (or lack thereof) for images uploaded in this way.

Could you let me know a bit more about your business and how this functionality is used for your store?

What else are you working on for your business at the moment, are you selling already or still setting up?

In any case, I look forward to helping you out however I can!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

chiragramjibhai
Shopify Partner
12 0 2

Hello Don,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you checked out any of the file upload apps available in our app store yet?

--> I have checked this link, and found a few apps that can serve the purpose. Thanks for the link.

Could you let me know a bit more about your business and how this functionality is used for your store? What else are you working on for your business at the moment, are you selling already or still setting up?

--> I should have mentioned before. I am a developer and I want to build such feature in the client's store. 

Business Requirement:

Customer should be able to upload and crop the image.

Image should be attached with the product(line_item)

Image quality should be as it is(no quality degradation).

This is what I have drafted so far.

I will use Cropper.js to crop the image

Amazon s3 to store the image(I doubt that I can securely upload image to S3 using just client side code(javascript)).

Once image is uploaded to the AmazonS3, I will put its link to the line_item properties.