How do I add an image to my Dawn mega menu? (Dawn 9.0.0)

thatclaygirlco
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello! I have my mega menu started, at least the basics, but I would love to fill the right side of the drop down with an image that links to a certain collection. I have basic coding knowledge, so a code for this would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 4.06.35 PM.png

Replies 8 (8)

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Can you add the link to the website? That way, it'll be easier to show you where to place the code. Thanks.

banned
thatclaygirlco
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi! Here is my website: https://thatclaygirlco.com/

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Can I have the password as well to access it?

banned
thatclaygirlco
Tourist
4 0 0

I went ahead and removed the password, so it's currently live to view. Thanks!

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Ok. To get started, two things.

One, in your header theme customizer, where it says Add Custom CSS, type this in:

.mega-menu__content{
display: flex;
}

Now, what is the name of the file that has the menu code? Is it header.liquid? Could you take a picture of your files so I can see which file we will be editing?

Thanks.

banned
thatclaygirlco
Tourist
4 0 0

Got the code added ✓

I do have a header.liquid file. I added a screenshot of what the start of that code looks like and a screenshot of any files including menu. Hope this helps.

Thank you!Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 3.28.44 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-31 at 3.27.40 PM.png

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Can you post the link to your website so I can know what you're referring to? It will make it easier to point you in the right direction. Thanks!

banned

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15846 2371 3073

@thatclaygirlco 
Hello,
This is a customization work. You will need to create blocks for images depending on the navigation handle. If the navigation handle matches then the image assigned will be shown on the particular dropdown.

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing