How do I add clickable social icons to footer in DAWN theme?

Lowie57
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi everyone! I am trying to add clickable social media icons to my footer in DAWN theme, I have gone to my theme settings and added the page web addresses in the socials settings, but they don't appear to be displaying anywhere on my pages. I would like to add them to the footer where I have circled. Any help would be very much appreciated! thank you.

Screenshot (31)_LI.jpg

Replies 3 (3)
Summer
Shopify Staff
162 38 38

Hey, @Lowie57!

You've done the first part of adding your social media links to your Dawn theme. After entering the links in the Theme Settings > Social media area of your theme editor, you'll need to enable the social media icons in the footer for them to appear. You can do this by following the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Customize beside Dawn to open the theme editor.
  3. On the left sidebar, click Footer.
  4. On the right sidebar, check Show social media icons under the Social media icons section. You can see this area in the screenshot you shared.

The social media icons will then appear on the lower right-hand corner of your footer.

Do you already have a strategy in place for your social media marketing? Providing easy access to your social media accounts is only a gateway to your strategy. Once visitors click the links, they won't immediately engage and follow or like your page so there needs to be a game plan for them to be enticed to do so. There also has to be constant and strategic activity on your social media pages for them to bring sales to your store. If you need ideas on how to build your strategy, feel free to go over this blog post and use it as a guide to create your long-term plan for social media marketing.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lowie57
Tourist
8 0 2

Thank you so much for the reply! feeling a little silly I did not see that checkbox! haha

Next question, How would I go about swapping out the icons for custom icons? and them making them a littler larger? I have a couple ready to go, but wanting to add them in.

Summer
Shopify Staff
162 38 38

No worries at all, @Lowie57!

Swapping out the social media icons for custom icons and adjusting their size will need coding customization to achieve. If you wish to use the icons you prepared, you can hire a Shopify Expert to help you add them via coding. Otherwise, you can use an app in your store for custom icons such as Social Media Icons or POWR Social Media Icons. Should you have questions about the apps, you can contact their support team under the Support section of their listing.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog