How do I add this custom option to my product?

MrVanderwagen
3 0 0

Hi All,

I would like to add a custom selection box to this product that gives the client the opportunity to select the number they wish to have on their product. Numbers starting from 001 - 100

Anyone know how I can do this? 

And, if a certain number gets purchased can it be removed from the selection automatically? 

Product Link: https://www.mindovermatterfoundation.com/products/v3-hoodies-limited-edition 

Image of the actual product below:

Screenshot_1.png

Replies 3 (3)
amorlett
Excursionist
22 0 2

if you are not a coder i think the best option is product options by bold in the app store, if you are a dev you can do this with a custom options selector assign the custom options 001-100  via javascript loop 001 - 100   

Hilary
Community Moderator
525 75 99

Hi, @MrVanderwagen 

Happy to help explain some options here! 

One option is through some custom coding on your store, you can add a customization information box to your product page. We have an advanced tutorial on how to do this linked here. Note that this is an advanced tutorial, not supported by Shopify. If you do decide to follow the tutorial, make sure to duplicate your theme first so you always have a back up copy.

I'll mention that this tutorial doesn't walk you through how to make the customization disappear based on quantity.  If you need assistance implementing this tutorial or making further coding adjustments, you can hire a developer or Shopify Expert.

Another option is to use a third party app that allows your customers to customize their products. One free option is Variant Option Product Options. Another app, with more features, but is paid, is called Product Options and Customizer. If you'd like to look for other options, try searching "Product options" in the App Store! 

Let us know how this goes! 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3351 215 642

@MrVanderwagen wrote:

I would like to add a custom selection box to this product that gives the client the opportunity to select the number they wish to have on their product. Numbers starting from 001 - 100

And, if a certain number gets purchased can it be removed from the selection automatically? 

Since you can only have 100 variants per product if the chosen numbers/design dictates the  inventory then simplest approach to have automatic inventory tracking is to make separate products for each size with it's only option being the number.

This will also let you add photography of each numbered shirt if applicable.

Then make a collection for shoppers for selecting their size to go to the appropriate product.

Optionally making product page redirects to point to that collection.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com