Solved

How do I copy one of my stores layout and code etc, to another store I have created?

Ashden
Excursionist
18 0 10

the stores are seperate, but I just want to duplicate everything from one of the store, include how it looks and all the code onto the other one, as I dont want to have to start the new store design from scratch. Is there anyway I can do this? All help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)
Bossismail1
Excursionist
51 1 5

This is an accepted solution.

You have to rename the file and change it to CSV then import it back to your store . I guess is going to work out for you 

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

To download your current theme files/code, go into the Online Store->Themes and then "Download theme file".

2021-11-01 21_57_33.png

Also, there are 3rd party apps to streamline data export/import.
https://apps.shopify.com/exim-export-import-pages-blogs-theme-settings

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Ashden
Excursionist
18 0 10

Hey, I tried doing this, although when i downloaded my stores files it came out as a zip file, not a cvs, and I believe a cvs file is required to be imported into shopify.

Bossismail1
Excursionist
51 1 5

This is an accepted solution.

You have to rename the file and change it to CSV then import it back to your store . I guess is going to work out for you 

Ashden
Excursionist
18 0 10

Dont worry, figured it out. Sorry to waste your time. 

Much appreciate the help! 

All I did was export the files through an app inside shopify then import through the same app.

Bossismail1
Excursionist
51 1 5

Okay 

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @Ashden! I'm glad that you were able to get that theme transferred over. I wanted to hop in here and make sure that you have all the information necessary when doing this. It'll also help others who may ask this same question in the future as well.

The short answer to copy a store to another account is to follow the guide in our help center. If you want your theme to include all the laid-out images and videos you added to different sections, you'll need to make sure that you upload all of your media files for your theme as assets to your theme and refer to them in your code.

Quick note: If you're duplicating a store and will be running both with the exact same products and content, with a difference in language only, you can contact our live support team to help with the subscription plans on those if you qualify for a discount. However, if you're not intending on having twin sites with just language differences, you may not qualify.

There is an instance where duplicating a theme to another store will not work. This is if you've purchased a theme in the theme store. Paid themes are created by our third-party partners and are eligible for one store license per theme purchase.

If you're trying to copy a paid theme, you won't be able to publish it on the new account. Be sure to purchase a new license for that theme on the new account if you intend on having it on both stores.

Will you be running duplicate stores? If you are you may want to consider having specific domain URLs for each one that identifies the differences. Some merchants use a .com and a .ca for example to identify which store will serve each specific audience.

It's a great way to track the segments and sales from each site. The data will be a good indicator of how you will market and sell to each audience. Each country will have different buying habits and activities that can dictate your business strategy including SEO improvements.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog