How do I get a corner banner on an image that reads SALE/NEW

Jennifer_Culic
33 0 0
Do I have to buy an app for this or is there some html code or setting? I cannot seem to figure it out. Thank you! www.pynkpear.com
Replies 9 (9)
Chris_Connolly
Excursionist
56 0 8
I suppose you could just put one on the image via photoshop or something similar, then just upload it. www.twochip.co
Jennifer_Culic
33 0 0
Chris how did you get the pull down menu on the top of your site? thanks!
Sticklas
Shopify Partner
55 0 7
When you list a product you enter the sale price, then a higher price in the section that says "compared at price" then it automatically adds the sale banner. Fancy.
Chris_Connolly
Excursionist
56 0 8
I created a link list with the same title as the navigation title, Jennifer.
Jennifer_Culic
33 0 0
I tried that where i changed the price but still no sale banner...
Karmela
Shopify Staff
113 0 31
Hi Jennifer, Sale banners and such are hard coded into themes. They usually appear if, when editing a product, the "selling price" is the sale price and the "compare at price" is the original price. They don't show up unless both those fields are filled out in a certain way: https://img.skitch.com/20120809-kxyewunw2gtxhad73dretn3k8h.jpg As mentioned, sale banners are hard coded into themes, so only some themes support them. If you did change the prices and nothing happened, your theme probably does not have sale banners as an option in your the theme. Cheers, Karmela @ Shopify

Karmela | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jennifer_Culic
33 0 0
I guess I do not have this encoded into my theme. Is there any way to add it? Thank you for your response!
JBarger94
2 0 0

But where is this code located? I would like to do something similar for products that are in stock, but instead of the "Sale" banner, it would add an "In Stock" banner.

JBarger94
2 0 0

Could you explain where this code is located?