How do I get rid of these shadowed boxes behind my collection images?

ShawnissyC
Tourist
5 0 0

I uploaded these images with the background removed for my collections, yet when I upload them on my site there is this dumb greyish box. box.PNG

Replies 7 (7)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @ShawnissyC.

Thanks for the message, I would be happy to help you out with this. What Theme are you using for your shop? depending on your theme, there may be an overlay setting you need to turn off. If you are using a Shopify theme, like "Debut" you can check for this overlay setting by heading to, Online Store>Themes>Theme Settings>Colors. Alternatively, there may be a "Show Overlay" setting in the specific section where you have placed this image itself. If you do not see either of these options, or you are using a third-party theme, you may need to look into the route of customization. 

Feel free to reach back out with any further context into this and I would be happy to take a closer look!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ShawnissyC
Tourist
5 0 0

There is sadly no option and I already had the opacity off, I am currently using debut theme as that is the one I am most familiar for adding different snippets of html to. 

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @ShawnissyC.

Thanks for providing me with this additional information. Can you send me the URL for your shop and a direct link to the page this image is on, I would be happy to take a closer look!

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @ShawnissyC.

It looks like the shop is password-protected, are you able to remove the password or share it here so I can take a look?

Thanks! 

ShawnissyC
Tourist
5 0 0

@Marty  websitebuild

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @ShawnissyC.

Thanks for sharing your store password so I could take a closer look. This may be something our theme's team can help you out with. I would recommend reaching out to us directly through our Help Center so we can get this looked into with you. You can do this by logging into your store through the Help Center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

I hope this gets you on the right track, feel free to reach back out here with any questions about the above information should you have any!