How do I hide available for pickup/store info on product pages?

TealDreams
Tourist
8 0 4

I switched to the Debut theme. On each product page, it shows that this is available for pickup with the address, which happens to be my home address. I want to continue to offer local pickup, but only show the information for those that actually purchase. As far as I can tell, there is no way to hide this. It is also ugly and adds more junk to the page. 

I cannot figure out if I should go to settings within the theme, Shopify settings, product page settings in the theme (not there), or shipping options (not there) other than getting rid of the option to offer local pickup.

I just switched to Debut and spent a lot of time customizing it and keeping the same settings from the previous theme, but this feature is really bugging me that I have no control over it.

I don't mind using code but please don't suggest an app. 

Replies 25 (25)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@TealDreams 

Can you provide a screenshot and your website URL. I will check and provide you solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
TealDreams
Tourist
8 0 4

screenshot-threadorable.com-2021.02.24-12_25_16.png

This is on EVERY product page. Totally extraneous and useless. I have no idea why this is a feature that seemingly has no way of being turned off. When you click on 'view store information' it links to a map in a pop up window. I hate this so much. I really do not understand why this is here. I just got rid of local pick up for now, which is a bummer, until I can find a way to remove this.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@TealDreams 

Please provide your store URL.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Kozy1
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi, I am having the same problem. Did you figure it out?

styleseal
Excursionist
12 0 5

I would like to know how to disable this, too.

Gaarbi
Excursionist
21 1 1

Hi go to setting >Shipping and delivery> store local pick up "put it off"

Gaarbi_0-1621693632445.png

ksha
Visitor
1 0 1

Did you ever get this solved?  I am also having this problem.  Thanks!

jypwax
Tourist
5 0 1

Would love a solution for this as well. If we can't completely hide it, at least there has to be a way to choose the location that is shown on the product pages. I have 4 locations and there's 1 I would prefer to be shown (if it cannot be removed completely) but it seems to be picking a random location to display.

Agree that it's ugly and adds junk to the page, as the product description gets pushed down.

Scenicrouteco
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello,

I am also trying to solve this problem on my website. Did anyone find a solution?

cjtshaw
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, our problem is the same, 4 locations and it's not working right plus this icon is hideous anyway.

Did anyone find another solution? The Out Of The Sandbox one doesn't work for the Impulse theme..

RussellH
Excursionist
35 0 67

I am having the exact same issue. I have found a half-way fix by going into my theme > actions > edit languages. Then I just removed all the text from the fields that had the pick up note. However, i'm still left with this annoying green check mark on the product page. but it's better than all the text.

Matt_Beaudoin
Tourist
10 0 5

I'm looking for a solution to this bug as well.  I want the 'in store pickup' available as a shipping option, but NOT on every product page.

Thanks
Matt

RussellH
Excursionist
35 0 67

Matt, I am using the Turbo theme by Out of the Sandbox and they were able to tell me how to make that change in the theme code files (and it worked for me). This was their instructions:

"In your Online Store > Themes, click on the "Actions" dropdown and choose "Edit Code". When you're in the code editor, search for the styles.css.liquid (sometimes styles.scss.liquid) and scroll to the very bottom of that file. Paste the following code:

/* Remove local pickup information */ 
  .surface-pick-up-embed {
    display: none !important;
  }
/* end */

"

Depending on what theme you have, the language of .surface-pick-up-embed might be a little different, but if you search pick up in your .css file, you should be able to figure out what the equivalent is in your theme.

Matt_Beaudoin
Tourist
10 0 5

looks like that did the trick.  Don't know how the code worked, and was a little nervous putting it at the absolute bottom of the file, but voila.. 😉

Thanks

Matt

SITB
Excursionist
13 0 4

}
.surface-pick-up-embed {
}

Did not work for me.... i pasted at the bottom of the style liquid file a you suggested. Any other suggestions?

shinymatt
Visitor
2 0 0

Nice, this worked for our Turbo theme as well. Thank you sharing!

bn2019
Excursionist
12 0 4

Bit of an update for 2023. Go to your theme settings (the part where you do your live customization), scroll down to custom css and paste it there. It worked for me on Retina 7.1.0.

denmir
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi all,

I think I found a solution.  I am using the standard DEBUT theme by Shopify.

"In your Online Store > Themes, click on the "Actions" dropdown and choose "Edit Code". When you're in the code editor, search for the  store-availability.liquid file in Sections and add the "comment" tag to the whole liquid file i.e. 

add {% comment %} to the beginning of the file (first line)

and

add {% endcomment %} to the end of the file (last line)

So far have not found any residual effect, so try it and comment here if it affects other areas. 

Voila! Enjoy!

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1277 143 310

The solution posted by @RussellH (from OotS) is the correct way to do it. 

Paste this at the bottom of your theme's CSS file (within the 'assets' section). 

.surface-pick-up-embed {
  }
/* end */

If you're not using an OotS theme, then you may need to slightly edit the code. The part that says "surface-pick-up-embed" is what you would need to edit. 

To find what that should be for your theme, go to the product page in Google chrome and then right-click on the element and select "inspect". 

From there, you'll want to try and find the 'class' name, so that you can replace the 'surface-pick-up-embed' part. 

This is how it looked for the theme I was working with:

local pickup.png

So for this theme, the class was "store-availability" ... so I went ahead and edited the code to now be:

.store-availability {
  }
/* end */

... and now the section is hidden (not showing on product pages). 

I hope this helps! 🙂

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

https://stephens.world
support@stephensworld.ca

ashashash
Excursionist
27 0 5

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your detailed instructions. The text is gone but the green tick is still showing, any way to remove? Ash

Creative Director for Little Loves & The Familia
jeroenvandepol
Excursionist
30 0 2

This works perfectly. Except for a little green check mark... Any suggestions on that ?

When using the Dawn theme, you should add the code to base.css

The class is: pickup-availability-info

So the code looks like:

.pickup-availability-info {

}

/* end */

jeroenvandepol
Excursionist
30 0 2

I contacted Shopify support for a solution. They have created an option to toggle the visibility of the pick-up info. The bad news is that this is custom made for my account. I have asked for the code or the make the solution available for the community, but that's not how it works, apparently. So what you can do is contact Support and ask for the adjustment (part of the Shopify Theme Support).

05-37-z7ltn-et1eu.gif

wollekob
Visitor
2 0 1

hey all! Solution for the dawn theme. 

Simply change the 

pickup-availability {
display: block;
}
to -->>>
pickup-availability {
}

You can find the appropriate css file under Assests > Base CSS > component.pickup-availability.css

Hope it works!

jeroenvandepol
Excursionist
30 0 2

Great, this works !! And it's an easy solution. Thanks.

JoeB-CO
Excursionist
18 0 16

Totally agree. Putting this on each product page is an example of some programmer who doesn't actually use the product and thinks his/her "improvement" is helpful. It is not. Pickup should be an available option at checkout/shipping, not on the product page. 

Thanks to prior comments, I was able to figure it out for debut theme.

To get rid of annoying local pickup option on product page:

In Online Store > Themes > Actions/Edit Code > Assets/theme.css, paste the following code at the bottom of the file (for debut theme):

.store-availability-information {

}

/* end */