How do I hide available for pickup/store info on product pages?

TealDreams
Tourist
8 0 3

I switched to the Debut theme. On each product page, it shows that this is available for pickup with the address, which happens to be my home address. I want to continue to offer local pickup, but only show the information for those that actually purchase. As far as I can tell, there is no way to hide this. It is also ugly and adds more junk to the page. 

I cannot figure out if I should go to settings within the theme, Shopify settings, product page settings in the theme (not there), or shipping options (not there) other than getting rid of the option to offer local pickup.

I just switched to Debut and spent a lot of time customizing it and keeping the same settings from the previous theme, but this feature is really bugging me that I have no control over it.

I don't mind using code but please don't suggest an app. 

Replies 14 (14)
RussellH
Tourist
5 0 3

I am having the exact same issue. I have found a half-way fix by going into my theme > actions > edit languages. Then I just removed all the text from the fields that had the pick up note. However, i'm still left with this annoying green check mark on the product page. but it's better than all the text.

Matt_Beaudoin
Tourist
8 0 2

I'm looking for a solution to this bug as well.  I want the 'in store pickup' available as a shipping option, but NOT on every product page.

Thanks
Matt

RussellH
Tourist
5 0 3

Matt, I am using the Turbo theme by Out of the Sandbox and they were able to tell me how to make that change in the theme code files (and it worked for me). This was their instructions:

"In your Online Store > Themes, click on the "Actions" dropdown and choose "Edit Code". When you're in the code editor, search for the styles.css.liquid (sometimes styles.scss.liquid) and scroll to the very bottom of that file. Paste the following code:

/* Remove local pickup information */ 
  .surface-pick-up-embed {
    display: none !important;
  }
/* end */

"

Depending on what theme you have, the language of .surface-pick-up-embed might be a little different, but if you search pick up in your .css file, you should be able to figure out what the equivalent is in your theme.

Matt_Beaudoin
Tourist
8 0 2

looks like that did the trick.  Don't know how the code worked, and was a little nervous putting it at the absolute bottom of the file, but voila..

Thanks

Matt

cjtshaw
1 0 0

Hi, our problem is the same, 4 locations and it's not working right plus this icon is hideous anyway.

Did anyone find another solution? The Out Of The Sandbox one doesn't work for the Impulse theme..