Solved

How do I remove the "Cart" text next to the cart icon - Minimal theme?

BSPL_Team
Tourist
11 0 1

I want to remote the "Cart" in the header of my store. I am using the Minimal them - fashion.

Can someone please help?

Accepted Solution (1)

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is an accepted solution.

The following tutorial assumes your're using Minimal 12.6.1 or that the relevant code in the version of your theme you're using is the same or at least similar. Please be sure to make a backup of your theme before you make any changes to the code!

Go to the theme code editor (Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> Edit code) and open the file sections/header.liquid. Around line 112 you will find the following code:

<div class="header-bar__module">
            <a href="{{ routes.cart_url }}" class="cart-page-link">
              {{ 'layout.cart.title' | t }}{% unless cart.item_count == 0 %}:{% endunless %}
              <span class="cart-count header-bar__cart-count{% if cart.item_count == 0 %} hidden-count{% endif %}">{{ cart.item_count }}</span>
            </a>
          </div>

Comment out the line that begins with {{ 'layout.cart.title' | t }} so the code looks like this:

{% comment %}{{ 'layout.cart.title' | t }}{% unless cart.item_count == 0 %}:{% endunless %}{% endcomment %}
              <span class="cart-count header-bar__cart-count{% if cart.item_count == 0 %} hidden-count{% endif %}">{{ cart.item_count }}</span>
            </a>
          </div>

That will remove the word "Cart" from the cart icon but leave the cart item counter in place.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is an accepted solution.

The following tutorial assumes your're using Minimal 12.6.1 or that the relevant code in the version of your theme you're using is the same or at least similar. Please be sure to make a backup of your theme before you make any changes to the code!

Go to the theme code editor (Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> Edit code) and open the file sections/header.liquid. Around line 112 you will find the following code:

{{ 'layout.cart.title' | t }}{% unless cart.item_count == 0 %}:{% endunless %}
            </a>
          </div>

Comment out the line that begins with {{ 'layout.cart.title' | t }} so the code looks like this:

{% comment %}{{ 'layout.cart.title' | t }}{% unless cart.item_count == 0 %}:{% endunless %}{% endcomment %}
            </a>
          </div>

That will remove the word "Cart" from the cart icon but leave the cart item counter in place.

Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
BSPL_Team
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for the quick help.

It worked! 🙂

There is another modification I would like to make, can you please guide me?

Regards,

Team BSPL.

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

Sure, just post it here and I'll see if I can help.

BSPL_Team
Tourist
11 0 1

I need to replace the "Log in or Create Account" text with an account icon.

The theme is the same - Minimal.

Regards,

Team BSPL.

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

That's a little bit more complex, I would recommend hiring an Expert or getting a quote from https://heycarson.com/.

BSPL_Team
Tourist
11 0 1

Thanks, I will look into it.

Regards,

Team BSPL